Thursday, March 3, 2011

These Things Made Me Smile

I hesitate telling you these stories, but if you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you know, I DON'T MIND MAKING FUN OF MYSELF. To be honest, I'd rather make fun of myself than have others make fun of me, so I guess if I can beat someone to the punch WHY NOT.
  • I shared this story with a good friend the other day and told her I wasn't sure I was going to put it on the blog, but I guess I really have to share it. The other day I went for my teeth cleaning and as I was in the chair the hygienist was expressing some concern about a loose tooth in the back of my mouth. It is next to another spot where i had a tooth pulled about 18 years ago. When the dentist came in to the check everything out we talked about options in case I lost the tooth and he told me the best option would be to get an implant. I looked at him and said, "I've always wanted an implant, but that was not exactly where I was hoping to have it" ; )
  • When Allan and I were driving to our hotel last night--which is near the San Francisco Airport, we could see this building off the freeway.
I had to laugh as I thought of my sister, Judy, and I going to pick up Les at the San Francisco airport some 45 years ago. We had never been to the airport before and really didn't know where to go. He was coming in on a United flight, so when we saw that building we figured that was it. I remember the guys laughing at us when we went into the hangar and told them we were looking for Flight such and such ; )

  • When we were at Stephen and Daphne's the other day, Hannah gave us these Valentines.


































  • As well in the mail we got this Valentine from our little G-Man--probably one of the cutest little Valentines I had ever seen.
  • The other day I got an e-mail from a friend who asked me how it was going on the what she referred to as the "bless that baby tour". I had to laugh and told her I was going to use that for a blog post. This morning we head to Texas for the second stop on our tour ; ) The first stop for Baby Georgia's blessing was wonderful, but I have to say it would be better if these babies wouldn't grow up so quickly. I can't wait to see and hold little Baby L. She is changing so much.
Sidenote: Our little Elder is doing well. I hope to have a photo CD soon. He is still in his same area and loving every minute of it. Goodness it's fun to read his e-mails.





12 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Yvonne,

its healthy to laugh at yourself isn't it? I can relate to your story and I love your sense of humor.

Thanks for being you Miss Yvonne.

ToOdLeS.

Valerie said...

Ha HA! I'm sure the dentist got a good laugh at your implant joke! I know I did!! That was hilarious!!!

I wish each airline had their own building... wouldn't that be easier?!?!

Love those Valentines! I know Inigo had a good time handing his (like G-Man's) out. I like the lollipops Macy used. Much better than the Dum-Dum's we used!

I keep looking for Elder R. The Elders spoke in our ward on Sunday and I wish one of them had been yours!!

Randi said...

You crack me up!

Sheri said...

Ha!Ha! I love the dentist one and the hangar one!! Those are classic!! I will have to do a post of my funny things instead of just my kids!!

Natalie said...

Love your sense of humor, yvonne.

I made that same mistake when I lived in S. F. years ago. I'll bet many other people did too.

Oh fun to go to baby blessings. There's nothing better. :)

Heffalump said...

You always make me smile!

Garden of Egan said...

Pretty hilarious.
Thanks for laughing at yourself.
I do it daily.

Have a blast on the "tour". Don't freeze.
Hope your Elder is staying warm, cuz it's dang cold in them thar hills!

Abaker said...

I love the United Air Lines story! Really, how would you know that's not where you were supposed to go if you have never been to an airport before! I definitely would have done that. :)

pinklady said...

Reading your post reminded me I have a dentist appointment soon it did make me laugh though

Nancy Face said...

"I'd rather make fun of myself than have others make fun of me, so I guess if I can beat someone to the punch WHY NOT."

That's how I feel, too! :D

G-Man's Valentine is the cutest idea EVER!

Klin said...

That story sounds like fun to do even when you aren't in the wrong place.

I love, love, love your valentine's. How precious are they? (That's rhetorical- you don't have to really tell me they are priceless) ;)

I'm in a silly mood.

Melissa said...

Love it!! It really does make things a little lighter and easier if you can laugh :) Love the implant joke! HA!! That's awesome :)