Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Why I Love This


If you are not a March Madness fan, you may not realize that at the end of each championship game they do a little montage of all the games--I always watch it and re-watch it once or twice. Watch the clip and at 2:26 there is a shot by Missouri's Marcus Denmon in their game against Memphis--AMAZING. It never mattered if the game didn't end until 11:00 and I had to get up the next morning to teach Seminary I HAD TO WATCH IT ; ) Of course, I cry right along with the players when they lose--part of the reason I sometimes have to admit I can't watch and have to leave the room. So even though we won't be hosting our party next Monday night, I will definitely be waiting for this--and I'm hoping for lots of Jimmer and BYU.

I should add that at this point, only one person in our pool has a team that could possibly win it all--my grandson, Brandon, who has his name on the coveted plaque twice already has UConn picked to win it all.

7 comments:

Sheri said...

I will have to catch that this year!! I had to walk away at the end of the BYU game or I really would have been crying!! My employees thought I was, when I was just blowing my nose!! It was a cold, I swear!! :)

Cherie said...

My son's best friends name is A.J. and he plays basketball.
We were sitting at the dinner table last night another friend asked what A.J. stood for which he promptly replied: Austin Jimmer!!
LOL

That is as close to basketball as I get but my husband and boys have sure been enjoying all the games...well at least up until BYU's last game.

gigi said...

Are you still teaching Seminary? I taught Early morning for 10 years. Best time of my life ;-)

Yvonne said...

Gigi: No, I taught Seminary for four years--the four years that my little Elder was in Seminary. I LOVED EACH AND EVERY MINUTE. It was a great experience that I will cherish forever.

Wow, you taught for 10--what a trooper.

Melissa said...

I really don't even know who is left in the tournament.

Can we still be friends? :)

Heffalump said...

That was fun to watch! I don't follow sports much, but will try to catch this recap this year.

kierste @ brown paper packages said...

The tournament is CRAZY this year! We don't have anyone left, but of course it's still fun to watch and follow.

Don't worry though, State will be back next year. ;)