Thursday, March 17, 2011

Yes, I'm Irish

So, in honor of St. Patrick's Day, I had to post. I remember that my mom used to make really great corned beef and cabbage, but I never learned how to make it, so since I'm also Spanish, we will be having Creamy enchiladas for dinner tonight.

When I was in California, I saw these and couldn't pass them up ; ) I thought they were so cute. I think I'll wear them when I go to my running class tonight.

Tourney games started today around 11:00, and I'm so glad the BYU will be on CBS at 6:15 p.m. I'll be at my running class, but at least I can watch the end when I get home. (I don't think we get TruTV.

I have been busy doing lots to get ready for some changes that are taking place at our house. Quite often when missionaries get their calls here in Canada and they are to go to the U.S., it seems to take quite awhile for them to get their VISAs. Right now we have a missionary who is headed to Missouri (got his call several months ago). So rather than have him continue to wait at home, he is starting his mission here in Winnipeg. He and his companion will be staying at our house. Allan set him apart yesterday afternoon Elder H and his companion will be coming to our house tonight. We ended up changing our guest room which meant taking down the bunk beds that were in the boys room and moving them in the basement (and making them free-standing).

I will get a chance to feed them quite often--it will be fun to cook for more than two people again ; )

But this does means our championship party will not be held this year because our big screen TV is in the basement and the TV that is in our family room stinks ; ( Oh well, there's always next year. So, Darell, if you and Cory were home, we'd be having it AT YOUR HOUSE.

And, speaking of missionaries, our little Elder is still in that city in Idaho which has the same name as the arena where the Kings play BB in California. (He has been there since the middle of October ; ) He is quite happy that it is starting to warm up there. In fact, the other day they actually were able to put the windows down in the car. I got my photo CD today, so I thought I'd share a couple of photos.

Christmas--don't you just love the Canada stockings. I filled a stocking for him and his companion ; ) I also love the tree.

Made a big purchase and got himself some cowboy boots.

I am curious about this picture--I guess one of the missionary's had some planning or something to do--he's not looking at the camera in either of the pictures he sent ; )

There were lots of other pictures with people, but I don't have a lot of explanations, so I'll have to wait until I can ask him about them in my next e-mail.



8 comments:

Carrot Jello said...

Maybe that missionary is in the witness protection program ;)

Cherie said...

That is totally funny how that one missionary is not looking at the camera. The first comment is a crack up!
So glad your cute Elder is doing well in Idaho. It really is warming up here - spring is on the way!

ShEiLa said...

Yep I love the Canadian stockings... and I have a touch of Irish in me too!

Happy St.Patrick's Day!!!

ToOdLeS.

Melissa said...

I'm a mutt... and I can't remember if there's any Irish in there or not. Probably is :)

Good luck having the Elders live with you! Sounds like an adventure :)

Love the pictures. I actually think I recognize the place in the last one! It looks a lot like the place we always stopped to eat when we were doing road work out there. Too funny :)

Natalie said...

Happy St. Paddy's Day. I usually make corned beef and cabbage every year and love it, but this year my two girls vetoed it. They said they don't like it. :( Next year I'm making it anyway.

How fun to have the elders stay with you. The room looks great. We used to inspect the elders apartments and your elders will have it luxe. Lucky them and lucky you. It will be great, I'm sure.

Sheri said...

Happy March Madness!! I love both stockings! Did you wear them to your running class? I hope so! The second half of the game was the best to watch,the first gave me serious stress! Love Kyle's boots too!!

Connie said...

I love the green stockings AND the Canadian stockings! How exciting that you get to take care of some missionaries for a while! Yes, things will be a little different around your house!
Fun to get photos from your missionary.

Doran & Jody said...

Daddy and I are heading towards there tomorrow but I can't remember exactly where he is.

LOVE the socks!