Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy Birthday, Elder



Here he is with his proud daddy.

The day he was born--he was my biggest child at 9 pounds 3 ounces. He was born around 2 a.m. on Saturday morning and blessed at Church the next day. Yes, I was crazy--but, seriously, Allan's dad was going to Church with us and there was no way I was not going to take my baby to have him blessed with Grandpa there ; ) It has always meant a great deal to Elder Rob to know he was there. Actually, this was taken the next day--I guess I didn't quite have it together that day ; )


He was still at BYU for his 19th, but his sister, Heidi, took care of him: I know he will have a great 20th birthday in the mission field.

I want to share a few of my favorite memories.

He was such a cute little baby.

With his Grandpa.

For a young man who is so picky about his hair, this just makes me smile.

When he was a little guy, he took Minnie with him EVERYWHERE.

And Minnie again

The day he was baptized--look at that smile. In his little suit, I could just see him as a missionary at 19 ; )

And another one with the smile that I love

With his "Tank" ; )

He REALLY was a good boy ; )

I love the smile on his face in this picture--such a FABULOUS trip.

This will always be one of my favorite pictures of Heidi, Brent, and my little boy.

But then a few years later, Macy took this one:

Many years ago we visited the Provo temple

And in the blink of an eye he was here while at the MTC

And this was such a special day

He is so excited because he has a temple about a block from where he is living right now.

I just have to share a little of what Elder Rob said in his e-mail about our temple being announced here in Winnipeg, "then I heard Winnipeg, MB. Before President Monson announced them, I crossed my fingers, and just got a feeling that maybe one could be announced this time for Winnipeg. But when he said that, I didn't make any noise, but kind of threw my arms in the air and silently did little rooting signals and was just extremely stoked."

I am so excited because in a little less than a month it will be MOTHER'S DAY and that means A PHONE CALL FROM OUR ELDER ROB.

BUT FOR NOW, LET ME JUST SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELDER ROB. SURE DO LOVE YOU AND ARE SO PROUD OF THE GREAT WORK YOU ARE DOING. THANK YOU FOR BEING SUCH A GREAT EXAMPLE.

Sidenote: Last night our two Elders left our home--Elder H is headed to the MTC this morning. I'm so happy for him. Elder W. will be going back to Wales in a few weeks. He has been a great missionary. It has been such a delight to have them in our home. Missionaries are amazing young men and women.

It was sweet because last night they left this on our kitchen table--they were so sweet. I guess after spending a few weeks they realize what's important at our house--pictures and CANDY ; )

9 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday to Elder Rob. He sure was a cute little boy and is such a handsome Elder. I loved looking at the fun pictures of him.

It will be wonderful to talk to him.

Missionaries are awesome. It is amazing to feel of their spirit.

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday, Elder Rob!

Knowing that he is only a block away from a temple, I can guess where he's at. I'll keep my eyes open every time I'm down there. And maybe... I will always carry a fresh plate of cookies with me. JUST IN CASE!!! :)

Heffalump said...

Happy Birthday Elder Rob!

Neal said...

You blessed him the NEXT DAY?!?! Wow...

I totally remember Minnie ; )

Doran & Jody said...

Happy Birthday Elder!!

I just LOVE how you have organizational access to all your pictures.

Mine are scattered all over in different boxes. sigh...

Connie said...

Hapy Birthday to Elder Robb! Such cute pictures! I love the picture Macy took of your 3 youngest. I got caught up with your other posts. What a shock you must have had when you heard the price of the printing!

gigi said...

What great pictures of your little Elder. He is one handsome kid :0)
Happy Birthday, Elder!

kierste @ brown paper packages said...

Blessed the next day? Wow. I can understand the motivation--I would have done the same thing!

Happy Birthday Elder Rob!

Love all the pictures, as always.

Cherie said...

He sure is a handsome boy!
He was a huge baby - it made me hurt just thinking about it. Wow!