Friday, April 29, 2011

It Really Didn't Hurt


Yesterday I ran 10 miles for the first time ever. One of the problems--my leg and foot are still not where they need to be and I think I pushed myself a little too hard. I had a PT appointment in the afternoon and when my therapist was working on my leg, she asked if I had ever considered acupuncture. I thought--HECK WHY NOT.

As crazy as it seems, it didn't hurt. Now, there was one needle that was a little painful, but I think it was in a spot that was pretty inflamed. I sure feel a lot better today. It's a good thing because I have LOTS TO DO.

Sidenote: Doing a fitness challenge that involves eating more healthy when you are making death by chocolate, tres leches cake, and banana split cake is NOT very smart.

13 comments:

Garden of Egan said...

I've had accupuncture a couple of times. It was awesome.
Wow 10 miles!
You are totally my hero!

Doran & Jody said...

WOOT!!
You go girl!!
You are going to be SO ready for the half!!

Uh....I am allergic to needles, I don't care what size they are.

Cherie said...

You are brave. The thought of acupuncture makes me shiver - hee hee.
I have heard though that it really can help!

Good job running those 10 miles - Way To Go!!!!

Natalie said...

You are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Connie said...

Before you know it you'll be ready to run a marathon! I'm glad you're feeling better today. Did you sneak a taste or two of the deliciousness you made?

ShEiLa said...

Kudos to YOU! I think I would try acupuncture too.

ToOdLeS.

gigi said...

REally?? I've never thought to have accupunture.

Heffalump said...

I think I might rather run ten miles than try to eat healthy around that kind of temptation!

kierste @ brown paper packages said...

Way to go!!! If you can do 10, you can definitely do 13. You are going to be great!!

Needles? Voluntarily? Hmmmm.

Heidi said...

I am proud of you mom for being so healthy and constantly amazed by your determination and am getting SOOOOO excited for you to come here so I can cheer you on!!! I LOVE YOU!!!

Valerie said...

10 miles AND acupuncture? You're AMAZING!!!!

mindyluwho said...

10 miles! Woohoo!

I've always wondered what it would be like to have accupunture done. It really doesn't hurt?

So I missed it somewhere, but what race are you running in?

Nancy Face said...

Wow, I've never run more than 5 miles at one time!

Acupuncture sounds scary, but not as scary as having to avoid eating all those scrumptious cakes! ;)