I feel like Race Day is fast approaching. My training is going pretty well. The foot/knee is getting better. I will be getting orthotics next week and hopefully that will help me get to 100%. The longer runs are getting longer and frankly I'm so incredibly surprised I can run 7.2 miles--and a little proud of myself ; )
My iPod is an important part of my running. I have been working on a playlist and decided that if I had a little bit of music from everyone in the family that might help to keep me going.
I have just about everyone's, but there are a couple of members of the family that I can't come up with music for--not sure what will help me to think of them.
But here's what I have so far:
- Allan--YMCA: This will definitely make me smile during the race. I will remember he and Heidi doing their dance at her wedding reception.
- Elder Rob--Viva La Vida: This always reminds me of my little Elder.
- Heidi--Everybody Dance Now: I don’t know ANYONE who loves to dance as much as my little Heidi.
- Stephen--Let's Get It Started Again: I know Stephen loves the Black Eyed Peas, and this is one of the songs of theirs that I really love.
- Daphne--Cotton Eye Joe: Oh my, I will never forget Daph at 9+ months pregnant doing Just Dance on the Wii ; )
- Georgia--Georgia On My Mind: Yeah, it might have me going a little slow, but at least I will be smiling thinking of my little Georgia ; )
- Drew--Eye of the Tiger: He was so intense as he did this on the Wii.
- Hannah--Hey Mickey: That song always reminds me of cheerleading and Hannah is a little cheerleader.
- Brandon--We Are The Champions: When B was a little boy he would do the “loser” sign on his forehead whenever they would play this song at a game.
- Kiah--Brown-Eyed Girl: When I did her CD for her Grad this was one of the songs on it and she is the brown eyed girl ; )
- Jason--I Just Can't Wait to be King: Lion King came out on J’s 6th birthday and he was so excited to go see it—wow, that was years ago.
- Wendy--Thriller: When we went to see 13 going on 30, Wendy laughed so hard during the scene where they do the Thriller dance.
- Nancy--1999 (We’re Gonna Party Like it’s 1999): She loved the artist formerly known as Prince.
- Neal--Beautiful Day: I think he is U2’s biggest fan
- G-Man--We're All In This Together: When I was visiting this little guy in Texas, he was SHOCKED to learn I hadn’t seen High School Musical. In fact, he was ready to give me his DVD because he just knew I needed to see it ; )
So now I just need to come up with music for: Daniel, Darren, Amanda, Christopher, Heather, Tony, Josh, Xander, Evan, Scarlett, and Lauren. I seriously thought of something from Mary Poppins for Christopher--that would really make me smile; for Amanda something I thought of Kung Fun Fighting because for some reason it reminds me of Kung Fu Panda-which makes me think of her; for Lauren maybe "Isn't She Lovely"--she is a real cutie; but I'll have to give it all a little more thought.