Thursday, May 26, 2011

ALREADY????


I still can't believe it has been one year already. Yes, I miss this guy, but he is loving his mission and we just love reading about all his experiences. He is loving Idaho and the people where he has served. He has had great companions.

Today a few of his buddies came over, and we celebrated the one year mark. I love these guys. None of them are members of the Church, but they have been such a great support to him. We had Subway sandwiches, pistachio pudding salad, broccoli/cauliflower salad and, of course, DEATH BY CHOCOLATE. I think they were very happy when they realized I made more than JUST THIS ONE.

We shared stories and I shared a bunch of pictures with them. It was fun to hear about the things they are doing--school, jobs, etc. I have known most of them since they were in elementary school and it is so fun to watch them become such fabulous young men. I know they miss Elder Rob.

Allan was not able to be here with them, but they were very happy when I told them that he wants to barbeque steaks for them one night, so now we just have to come up with a date. I will love having them in our home again.




9 comments:

Garden of Egan said...

That has gone so fast! I can't believe a year already. I've been stalking him but haven't seen him yet.

A counselor in the Mission Presidency came to our Stake Conference last Sunday (Elder Summers) and spoke. If I would have been closer to the front I would have mugged him and given him cookies to give Elder Rob.

Looks like some fun time with his friends. You are a good lady.

HAHAHA! Verification word: equaiter

ShEiLa said...

Wow I can hardly believe it. But it always goes by faster than you think it will.

Love that you had all of the boys (friends of your Elder) over to celebrate.

ToOdLeS.

Carrot Jello said...

What a great idea! I can't believe it's been a year already!

Deena said...

It is awesome that he has such supportive friends.

Lana said...

Wow! I think its really neat that they all came over without your Elder there!!!, good job mom :)

gigi said...

What a fun lunch with some great kids! Wow! Congrats on the first year! I pray that the next year will be even better!

Heffalump said...

I think it's great that he has such a great group of friends!
A year already? Wow the time is going fast!

Melissa said...

I think that's so cool that you invited all those young men to your home! What a great opportunity to share more of what your Elder is doing :)

Valerie said...

Like Garden of Egan, I'm certainly keeping my eyes open for him! My parents moved, so they aren't in his area anymore. They are now north of his town.... :(

I saw several sets of missionaries last weekend, but he still wasn't there. I wonder what they think when a crazy lady in a white Tahoe slows down, stares menacingly at them, then drives away? Of course, I always try to wave to show them I'm not as loopy as I seem!