Sunday, May 8, 2011

An Amazing Weekend

FIRST

Early Friday morning my friend Kathy and I boarded a plane and headed for Calgary to attend Time Out for Women. I have never had the opportunity to attend before and it was wonderful. There were wonderful speakers and wonderful messages and I will write about them some other time, but the highlight for me was Friday night getting to spend time with this little one. Her mom had things to do to prepare for that evening, I had a chance to have her ALL TO MYSELF. It was glorious.

We attended the Saturday session as well. Macy and Baby L were there for a couple of hours on Saturday. When I got there she was already sleeping, and I was mad at myself for not getting a picture of her and I together on Friday.

I must say the Time Out people do a fabulous job with everything. It was so fun to walk around and see all kinds of friends who currently live in Winnipeg and some that have moved away. I also ran into a friend who I knew in Brampton many, many years ago.

I know I said I would write about the presenters on another post, but I have to tell you how fun it was to watch Macy do her performance. She really is such a talented woman with a beautiful story to share. I hope that those of you who haven't attended before who have Time Out for Women coming to your area will make plans to attend--it will be well worth your time and money. Go here and check out the schedule.

SECOND

Today was a WONDERFUL Mother's Day. Obviously, every Missionary mom and dad look forward to the phone call on Mother's Day, but last week we got the marvelous news that we would get to SKYPE WITH OUR MISSIONARY. The BEST Mother's Day gift ever. He looked and sounded as cute as ever. Allan tried to capture a picture of the two of us together.


AND FINALLY--

I hope you all had a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.

11 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Happy Mother's Day Yvonne!

Luck you and your Elder... thanks to Skype.

ToOdLeS.

Connie said...

Skype with your missionary? What a blessing! Such a cute baby - aaahhh.
I'm glad you had a wonderful day!

Take care.

Janice said...

I am surprised you'd never been to TOFW. Glad you had fun. I wish I could hear Macy, but she's not coming out to any of the ones close to me:(

Natalie said...

Happy you had a great Mother's Day. You deserve it.

Awesome Elder. Talking to them is the best and SKYPE! That's even better.

Garden of Egan said...

That is too cool that you could skype with him! I bet it was too awesome to see his face.

I've been to a couple of Time Outs and love them. They are amazing. Glad you could do that!

Heffalump said...

That sounds like an awesome Mom's Day weekend!
Seeing your skype picture makes me think about how a few years down the line my oldest will be off on his mission, and then the other boys one by one.

kierste @ brown paper packages said...

How fabulous to actually see your cute missionary!!!

LOVE TOFW--glad you got to go.

Happy Mother's Day...to an amazing mom!

Nancy Face said...

LOVE your Mother's Day picture with your missionary! :)

utmommy said...

I've always wanted to go to Time Out for Women. Glad you had fun!

Hope you had a great Mother's Day!

carolyne b said...

I see why you had to leave Saturday night. I agree you couldn't miss this important day. I also want to thank you so much for getting the book signed for Kevin. Carol is going to give it to him this week when he gets home from his vacation in BC.
TOFW was great, I learned so much, and laughed so hard this weekend. And Sunday we had a chance to visit the B family and see the Temple. Can't wait for news on where, and when we get our little piece of Heaven.

Valerie said...

I've never been to a Time Out before but one is coming close... I hope I can find time to get there and see/hear Macy! (Her baby is soooo cute!)

Love the Skype thing! Technology is simply amazing. Not only can you HEAR that your Elder is doing well, but you can SEE that he is healthy AND happy!! (I haven't had much time to hang out where he is... I'm hoping to get down there this weekend. I'll look for him!)