Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Sort of 30 Day Photo Challenge--Day 1

I've seen this on facebook and in the blogosphere, so I thought WHY NOT.

For the next 30 days, or so, I will post a picture from the list. (I've changed some of the things on the list, so it's MY photo challenge) And, obviously, there will be days I don't blog or blog about something else--after all my half-marathon is a month from today so I have a feeling I'll be blogging about that on June 11th ; ) (And I just can't bring myself to do 2 posts on the same day ; )

So for today...

A PICTURE OF MYSELF WITH TEN THINGS THAT MAKE MY LIFE BETTER

This has required me to do a little thinking because:

*I could do ten of my favorite candy bars, but then I would have to eat all of them (certainly wouldn't want them to go to waste).

*I could post a picture of ten of my grandchildren but since I have twelve I would have to leave two out and HOW COULD I EVER DO THAT ; )

So with that being said, you'll notice in the picture
  • A picture of my family--LIFE IS SO MUCH BETTER BECAUSE OF EACH OF THEM. Now a couple of them are not in the picture, but it's funny when I look at the picture I see them there ; )
  • My laptop--I'd be lost without it
  • My camera--I LOVE my camera and I LOVE taking pictures
  • My scriptures--so grateful for them and the teachings that are found in them. Right now, one of my favorite scriptures: "...for all flesh is in my hands; be still and know that I am God" (D&C 101:16)
  • A bag of M&M's--I love M&M's, any plain, peanut, peanut butter, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the coconut ones. I do have to say I do not like the pretzel ones
  • My running shoes--gives me such a great feeling when I go out for a run
  • My iPod--much better than me singing to myself when I'm on the go
  • My cell phone--Love it for keeping in touch with my family
  • A miniature temple--For me the temple truly is a place where I love to spend time. I always learn so much when I attend
  • Toilet paper--enough said ; )
SIDENOTE: My DIL, Daph, sent me this picture the other day. Little Georgia is growing up way too fast.



12 comments:

Neal said...

Super cool idea for a picture - way to go!

ShEiLa said...

What a clever idea... I love your choices.

ToOdLeS.

carolyne b said...

Are you in the same marathon that Laurel Christison mentioned at TOFW? As I sit here munching cookies, I admire that you wanted to take on this challenge. Good luck I know you'll do well because you prepared.

utmommy said...

Fun idea! And, a great list of things.

Yvonne said...

Thanks, Neal and Sheila.

Carolyne: Yes, it is the same half marathon. I'm doing it with Brent and Macy is also doing it.

Utmommy: Thanks--it was fun to come up with this one, we'll see how the others go ; )

Lana said...

This will be fun!
I like your list.

Connie said...

Look how cute you are! Your 10 things could very well be my 10 things too. I have 10 grandchildren so that would work for me.

Heffalump said...

Looks like we have a lot in common!

gigi said...

I love your ten things and this challenge! I look forward to seeing 30 days worth of your pictures! I LOVE the new pretzel M&M's :-)

Abaker said...

Way cute and clever picture Grandma!

Valerie said...

I indulged in some peanut butter M&M's last weekend.... it had been too long and I was so happy to be reunited with them!

Love your 10 choices!! I think we must be soul sisters. I would have chosen those same 10 things too! (Except the running shoes... sad but true. AND I wouldn't look as cute as you in the picture!)

Cherie said...

Love the toilet paper - ha ha. I wouldn't have thought of that one but it is sure a great thing!!!

Love your 10 things and your little granddaughter is adorable!