Saturday, May 14, 2011

Photo Challenge--Day 2

With all the problems with blogger over the last few days, I'm glad I didn't lose this post.

If you google "30 Day Photo Challenge", you will find a different list than I am using, that's why I referred to this as "MY" photo challenge.

Today I am posting A PICTURE OF SOMEONE I MISS.

Now, I could easily put a picture of Elder Rob--I do miss him. I have to say I was very proud of myself on Mother's Day when I didn't cry as soon as I saw him on Skype. Or, I could post a picture of any of my grandchildren--I sure miss each of them. Or any of my kids--can't wait to see some of them next month when I go to Utah.

But, I have to say I sure miss my folks.











My mom is the one on the right with the flowery dress.












I have talked about my parents many times. They were great parents who worked very hard to provide for 6 daughters. When I was 12 and my dad died, I really don't know how my mom did it. She must have been so lonely. And my life changed so much when she died a year and a half later. I so wish we had been born and raised in the Church--I think losing our parents would have been easier to bear. I am so grateful that Helen and Les were so willing to open up their home to 6 girls they didn't know and give us the love and guidance we needed.

One day there will be a glorious reunion when I see my parents again. I was going to say, I CAN'T WAIT, but really I CAN ; )
I do look forward to introducing them to my wonderful husband and my children, grandchildren, etc.

SIDENOTE: I guess when Blogger had all of it's problems, it deleted some comments--because I know there were some other comments on my last post. Sorry. I don't know how to retrieve them. But I do want to let UtMommy, Lana, Connie, Gigi, Heffalump and Amanda know that I did read your comments. THANK YOU. And Carolyne B, I answered your question, but don't have a clue where the comment went, but let me answer it again: Brent and I are doing the same half-marathon Laurel mentioned in her talk. Macy is also doing it.


8 comments:

Garden of Egan said...

I love those classy dresses. Their shoes are so cute. I remember my grandma always wore shoes like that all day long. Don't know how she did it. I'm bare-footed as much as possible.

Have fun in Utah.

I bet you loved visiting with Elder Rob.
I remember that Mother's Day phone call. It was the best.

Connie said...

Good looking parents! I see you in your mother! I love the styles from back then.

Yeah, blogger really did a number on us!

Neal said...

Too bad about the comments...I think it was the first time I was actually FIRST ; )

Sheri said...

I think you look like your Mom!! definitely her smile!!

Heffalump said...

You and your Mom look alike!
I can't imagine losing both parents so young. I am glad there were people to support you and to take you and your sisters in and finish raising you.

Doran & Jody said...

NICE....I would LOVE to do a Photo Challenge but you are so much gooder at storing and finding photos than I am. Someone has GOT to organize my photos in one basket/computer/whatever.

I have been missing from blogging for a few days so I guess I missed all the excitement.

ShEiLa said...

I need to apologize for not getting to blog reading lately... my MIL has been snagging photos from my computer and I have not had much time online at all.

I love this whole photo a day challenge... I wish I had more time and I might join in on the fun.

I love old photos!!!

ToOdLeS.

Cherie said...

Your mom looks like such a beautiful woman - I kind of wish we still dressed like that, call me crazy but it just looks so nice and not sloppy like alot of todays clothes.

Your dad looks like a stud - ha ha!!

Great pictures!