Monday, May 23, 2011

Photo Challenge--Day 5

Today's Photo Challenge--A PICTURE THAT ALWAYS MAKES YOU SMILE

Now, I have to say I have lots that make me smile--and lots that bring back countless memories. This one does both.



This picture was take in 2003. It was Allan's 60th birthday celebration and I brought all the kids and grandkids to Winnipeg for a surprise celebration. Neal had not gotten a lot of rest and sat in the chair and fell asleep--he was DEAD ASLEEP and we took advantage of the moment to gather Stephen, Wendy and Nancy for a picture. IT IS PRICELESS--the one I would give the Nobel Prize Committee if they ever needed a picture of Neal ; )

SIDENOTE: Today is Victoria Day so Allan and I are going to the movies this afternoon.


9 comments:

Neal said...

Well...I'm happy to know that I provide so many smiles ; )

gigi said...

Cute picture!
Happy day and I hope you enjoy your movie and time together! Happy Monday!

Heffalump said...

My Mom collects pictures of her family members sleeping. She has plans for a scrapbook I think.

Nancy Face said...

Bahaha! :D

kierste @ brown paper packages said...

LOVE it!!!

Valerie said...

Sleeping pictures are THE BEST and this is priceless! Thanks for sharing with the world! (Neal is being a good sport!)

Garden of Egan said...

That is hilarious! I'm not sure how those mischievious looking people around him managed to NOT do something horrible...like stick an Alkaseltzer tablet in his mouth or something.

Connie said...

That is a great picture! He's lucky that his siblings weren't putting things in his nose or dressing him up in girls clothes. (Yeah, I have weird kids)

Hope you enjoyed your movie!

ShEiLa said...

This photo makes me smile... and I don't know the whole story.

ToOdLeS.