Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Great Quote To Ponder


As I was working on my Gospel Doctrine class on Preparing for the Second Coming, I found a wonderful quote by Elder Oaks from a 2004 General Conference talk. This has really made me think.

“What if the day of His coming were tomorrow? If we knew that we would meet the Lord tomorrow—through our premature death or through His unexpected coming—what would we do today? What confessions would we make? What practices would we discontinue? What accounts would we settle? What forgivenesses would we extend? What testimonies would we bear?”

That sure gave me a lot to think about. What are we waiting for? Someone in my class made the comment on Sunday that she needed to remember that the Savior's Coming is a reality.

I was reminded this past week how fragile life is. One of my sisters lost a stepson in a work-related accident. He was only 33 years old and the day after the accident his wife gave birth to their second child.

At the end of our conversation my sister told me to love my family because you just never know.

Sidenote: I am continuing to run at least 5 days a week.






7 comments:

Natalie said...

What a wonderful quote. I think we should remember that quote often and really ponder and pray about it. I know I sure will.

Awesome on your running. You are awesome.

Sheri said...

Great thought and so true!

ShEiLa said...

This is a message worth pondering... especially since... you never know.

ToOdLeS.

Garden of Egan said...

Beautiful quote.
So true. I need to ponder more on this and make it more real.

Such a heartbreak about your sister's stepson. Life is so fragile

Connie said...

What ARE we waiting for? Certainly something to ponder.

How sad about your sister's stepson. We never know...

Running 5 days a week? You're doing great!

Heffalump said...

I'm sorry about your Sister's stepson. That is so sad!
Thank you for the quote. I know I tend to get caught up in a lot of small and unimportant things when I should be thinking about the bigger picture.

gigi said...

I am sorry for your families loss. Time is short for us and we all need to ponder that quote and apply it with actions. Thanks for sharing that this morning.