Thursday, June 23, 2011

Photo Challenge--Day 12

Now this one has really been kind of tough because I have a few--A picture of something you want to do before you die.

There are lots of lists going around of "thing to do before you die". I have been able to do a great many things, and there are many things I will NEVER DO--Appear on Broadway (yes, I've been but will never APPEAR; Visit a nudist colony--NOPE and can't say I ever want to; Taste the finest wine--will never do that one either. However, I have strolled on the Great Wall of China; been white water rafting (thank goodness it doesn't say it has to be a Grade 6 rapid ; ); been in a TV commercial; and swam with the stingrays.

So, what is it I would LIKE TO DO: See Wild Game on an African Safari.


Many years ago one of Allan's sisters was serving with her husband in Johannesburg. His other sister went to visit and Allan was going to visit. I could have checked this off my list if we had gone. Well, maybe one day I'll get a chance to do this.

But, I have to say, visiting family and attending baptisms, graduations, baby blessings, etc., is a WHOLE LOT MORE IMPORTANT TODAY, so this is way, way, way at the bottom of the LIST OF THINGS I WANT TO DO.



8 comments:

Heffalump said...

I think that would be great to do! Except I am afraid of flying.

Connie said...

My son went to Johannesburg on his mission. We talked about traveling to pick him up and going on Safari then reality set in and we knew we didn't have the time or the money.
However, it would be a great thing to do.

Natalie said...

I would actually love to go on Safari, but like you other things are waaaayyyy more important and way more fun. I too prefer going to baptisms, weddings, to see family and things of that nature.

Garden of Egan said...

That looks like a lot of fun.

I'd have to think twice about going that far.

Lana said...

That's on my list too!

ShEiLa said...

I hope that one day you get the chance to live your dream. YOU have done a whole lot of impressive things... and most important those family visits.

ToOdLeS.

Valerie said...

Oooo!!! That's an excellent dream! I'd really love to do that too! Invariably when I start thinking about it I start thinking about all the shots we have to have beforehand and all the bugs that are there... (I hope I don't wimp out and will go one day!)

utmommy said...

I would love to go on a safari. My sister and I have talked about how fun that would be.

Sorry I didn't get to see you when you here, life gets crazy. Hopefully next time!