Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Photo Challenge--Day 8

Today's Challenge: A PICTURE OF YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT. Okay, let's be honest: I LOVE TO EAT and there are lots of different places that are favorites. But, I have to say this is one that is a favorite because it holds so many wonderful memories. It is Swan Court at the Hyatt Regency on Maui. This is when the whole family was here to celebrate my Mother-In-Law's 90th Birthday.

It is such a beautiful place.

When you are there, you usually have to wait, but it is so worth the wait. I have memories of eating there with Allan on our honeymoon, and a couple of years later with Nancy and Stephen when we were there when Heidi was 6 months old. It is a buffet and one of my favorite things to eat when we're there: Macadamia Nut Pancakes.

Sidenote #1: Can't believe it's already June 1st. Sure am looking forward to my trip to Utah next week. Brent and I have planned a few things to do, and I'm excited to see what Heidi and Daniel have done with their apartment. I just wish I was flying "the jet" rather than flying commercial--I can never get all of my stuff in one stupid bag ; (

Sidenote #2: Allan and I went to see Kung Fu Panda 2 last night--cute movie. We went on Tuesday because we thought it was "cheap Tuesday", well, what happens now is you pay the same admission but you get a regular popcorn and a drink. I didn't care about the popcorn and drink because I'm still doing my "fitness challenge".



,

15 comments:

Garden of Egan said...

I would love eating there! Looks divine.
Especially celebrating such a wonderful birthday.

Nancy Face said...

Macadamia nut pancakes? I wanna go!

Oh, wait...I'd have to fly, huh?

Nancy Face said...

We just saw that movie Monday night for FHE! It was really good! :)

Connie said...

I think I'd like any restaurant in Hawaii! We saw Kung Fu Panda Monday afternoon. I really enjoyed it.
I hope to see you when you come to Utah.

Neal said...

Tough call on the favorite place to eat - you've been to some amazing places over the years. Arguments could be made for Val's, Bancheros (sp?), Rudy's ; )

Lana said...

mmm, those pancakes sound good!

ShEiLa said...

Can you believe it... WE are missing each other by ONE week! One of these days our trips to Utah are going to hit at the same time and I will get to meet you in person.

Have fun with the kids... remember... you get your carry on plus your purse and a personal item... get a BIG bag sling it over your shoulder and take a few more things.

The Swan Court sounds lovely... part of the whole eating out experience is the ambience.

ToOdLeS.

gigi said...

What a way to go for a 90th birthday!!!

Our kids saw Rio the other day and loved it. I didn't care for t he fist Panda movie so I won't be taking them to see #2. That's one for their mom!

Enjoy UTAH!

Heffalump said...

It's interesting how food and memories are always tied so closely together.

Natalie said...

I would love to eat there too. It looks so beautiful and the pancakes sound yummy.

Can't wait to see you.

Cherie said...

I think any restaurant in Hawaii is awesome - ha ha - just give me a pickle on the beach! (OK I must be losing it tonight because I can't believe I just said that!).

We haven't seen Kung Fu Panda 2 yet - I was hoping it would be good because I liked the first one.

Have fun on your Utah trip!!

kierste @ brown paper packages said...

I would love to try that place in Maui...maybe one day!

I'll have to take Ryan to Kung Fu Panda...I think he'd like it. What about the girls? Do you think 5 year olds would enjoy it?

Valerie said...

I'm so glad you got to celebrate her 90th birthday there! What wonderful memories! I loved Maui too and we talk about going back all the time...

Now, while you're in Utah, make sure you keep your car pointing SOUTH on I-15! No sneaking north! ;)

Carrot Jello said...

I think we all need to hop a plane to Hawaii.

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

A few of my very favorite places to eat are in Hawaii- one is on Maui- the other is on Kauaii-

My son had his reception last weekend and the pillars/photos were a huge hit- so glad you posted that idea- awesome- have a great trip to Utah- we turned up the heat for you (finally!!!)