Saturday, July 9, 2011

Photo Challenge--Day 15

This one was a little hard for me--A Picture of Me With The Person I've Been Closest With the Longest It would have to be Stephen. He came into my life on May 30, 1970. This was our 2nd Christmas--yes, I know the skirt is short ; )

Now, I could put my sisters here, but that would only be if it was "the person I've known the longest" not the one I've been closest with.

For 12 years it was just Stephen and I and through the past 41 years we have been very close. He is a great son who definitely loves his mom. Now, I can't say he hasn't given me grief, but I know he will always have my back. He checks in with me quite often and never ends a conversation without telling me he loves me. Sure I know he loves me, but it's still so nice to hear.

We always loved Halloween. I made these costumes one year--I still have mine and have pulled it out when I need something for Halloween ; )

He graduated from college in Missouri in 1994. By then he had 2 kids and another one on the way. He and Daph worked very hard for him to get through college. This picture was taken while he was there going to school--I'm pretty sure this was the weekend Daphne was baptized in 1992.

At Grandma Robison's burial in Reno in 2009

I'm very proud of this young man and all he has accomplished. He and his wife have been married for 23 years--they really were just kids when they got married. I'm so glad she is part of our family. They have given me 6 beautiful grandchildren--this one was born almost a year ago.



Sidenote #1: I was drawn to the TV yesterday morning to watch the final launch of the space shuttle. I know I have shared this story many times, but it still makes me smile--when I was in elementary school and someone came from NASA and talked about how one day we would put someone on the moon, my friends and I just giggled. That seemed so very hard to believe.

Sidenote #2: I've been working on a fun little project and have been going through old photos--one of my favorite things to do. Allan and I were laughing last night--I would show him one and say, "Gosh, look how young they all look there and yet I haven't changed at all ; ) "

10 comments:

Heidi said...

I agree--Stephen is awesome and I am VERY grateful he is in our family:)

ShEiLa said...

Very sweet! I love seeing the older photos.

ToOdLeS.

Natalie said...

What an awesome son you have. You are one lucky Mama with all of your children.

Love seeing the photos.

Heffalump said...

Time sure flies doesn't it?

Sheri said...

Great post and tribute to your son!

Valerie said...

I think Stephen and I are very close in age...

The bond between a mother and son is something that is very special and made even more special when it's just the two of you for so long! I hope I can have the same kind of relationship with Inigo!

kierste @ brown paper packages said...

What a special relationship the two of you have! I had just Ryan at home for almost 8 years before the girls were born, and we also have developed a close bond from all that time spent just the two of us. Rick was in school, and gone all the time, so it really was just us.

Garden of Egan said...

Love this post!
You are so beautiful. Then AND now!

gigi said...

Such sweet pictures and memories! I also love looking at my old pictures. Fun stuff.

aubrey said...

i love the pictures you posted and stephen sounds like such a sweet and attentive son!