Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Photo Challenge--Day 16

There is no way in the world that there will just be one picture in today's challenge--"A PICTURE OF YOURSELF WITH A FAMILY MEMBER". There was no way I was going to pick A FAMILY MEMBER. Instead I will do one with each family member--I actually was quite happy that I had pictures of me with just about everyone. Some are old, some are current, and because I have a BIG family this post is long. I am so blessed to have such an amazing family.

And, of course, I have to start with the family member who helped MAKE OUR FAMILY. In a couple of weeks it will be the anniversary of our first date--July 24, 1982. We will be "celebrating" in a way we both love--I'll post more about that in a couple of weeks.

I'll start with the oldest child and (and their family) to the youngest:

Neal
Me and Neal:

We were thrilled for Neal when in 2005 he married Macy. She has definitely been a great addition to our family.

I have tons of pictures of Chris and Amanda, so picking out one of each of them was next to impossible.

My oldest grandson is such a delightful young man. He and Heidi are 6 months apart and they are so funny when they are together.

It has been so fun to watch this young man grow up and to be able to spend so much time with him through the years. This was his high school graduation in California.

He and his beautiful wife, Heather, were married in 2009. Heather is such a sweet person--I love to watch her with children. She definitely has a gift. They just bought a home in Texas and it is near completion.

With Amanda the weekend of her college graduation--this is a favorite because I'm wearing sunglasses so you don't know if my eyes are closed ; )

Amanda and Darren were married in 2009 a few months after Chris and Heather. They are so perfect for one another. They are currently living in one of our favorite countries and Allan and I are trying to figure out how to get there.

I have a few pictures of me with Garrett, but this will always be one of my favorites. He is such a cute little guy--and what a personality. You just gotta love him.

Our newest little granddaughter, L, born in January, is a real cutie. I'm so glad that I get to see pics of her on her mom's blog. She is a world traveler--last month she was in Switzerland visiting her sister.

Nancy:

I just couldn't find a GREAT picture of me and Nancy, so I'll use this one from a wonderful trip with Nancy, Stephen and Neal a few months before Heidi was born. Poor Nancy had her suitcase stolen from the trunk of our car ; )

Nancy has 2 great boys--Evan and Josh. I love this pic of us from a visit they made when we were living in Reno.

This is Evan who was one of the cutest little guys. Nancy always had him making the cutest faces.

Evan and Scarlett were married back in 200--the same weekend Kiah graduated from high school, so Allan and I split duties.


Nancy is the grandma to our only great grandchild, Xander. He is such a cute little guy.

With Grandson, Josh, the day of his high school graduation.

Stephen:

Stephen and I celebrating my birthday, many, many years ago.

I'm so glad he has such a wonderful wife. Daphne is such a fun person and she is a great wife and mother.

It was so fun to go to the hospital and meet Jason--he looked so much like his dad when he was born. The time has flown by and this little guy is not so little anymore.

Another one that makes me smile, granddaughter, Kiah, and Kyle. I love that they are six months apart.

And then a few years ago this one of the two of us.

With B. So hard to believe he will be a senior in high school. He's such a great young man.

On the day of Hannah's baptism:

Our little Drew is such a character. I don't think he has EVER taken a bad picture.

With little baby, Georgia.

Wendy:

I love this girl so much. She is absolutely gorgeous and a fabulous hairdresser. I always say that I would love to take her with me when we go on a cruise and she could do my hair every day--I hate doing my hair ; )

Wendy and Tony started dating in high school and got married in 1994. Tony is such a fabulous guy--a real history buff. It was so fun to talk to him the other day and share with him some info I discovered about one of my great great great...grandfathers. Who knows maybe it will come in handy when he goes on Jeopardy one day ; ) I also thought if I went on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" he would DEFINITELY be one of my phone a friends.

Heidi: It would be interesting to count how many pictures I have of Heidi--probably too many to count. This one was Joy School Graduation
And, when Heidi married last November, Daniel joined our family, and we're so glad he did.

Brent: A rather young one of Brent--hey, I was young, too ; )

And, last, but not least,Elder Rob many years ago. This picture always makes me smile. He loved his little Minnie.

i have found that through the years I have pulled many photos out to scan or to put in albums or whatever and I haven't always gotten them back in their proper boxes. Therefore, I have spent the last few day trying to get them where they belong. WHAT A JOB.

11 comments:

Nancy Face said...

You always have the BEST collections of happy family pictures! :)

Connie said...

What wonderful pictures. Going through pictures brings back such a flood of memories.
Looks like you have always been beautiful!

Valerie said...

You have a GREAT family! I think it's wonderful that you included all of them in this post! I'm sure they love you as much as you love them!

Heffalump said...

Pictures, especially family ones, are such a treasure aren't they?

ShEiLa said...

I love how much you value your family. Family is where it's at!

ToOdLeS.

gigi said...

Theses are all great pictures of you and your family! Lucky you to have such a big family to love!

Natalie said...

I loved seeing the pictures of your family. They are so great. It's fun to see all the children and grandchildren; great grandson also.

You look so beautiful too in each and every picture.

I need to learn how to scan in pictures.

Garden of Egan said...

Those pictures are so priceless!
Such great memories.

Where have the years gone?

Sheri said...

Love all the fun pictures. I agree with Nancy! You do always have fun pictures. I need to do better at taking them!!

kierste @ brown paper packages said...

You have such a GREAT family! I love you are so close, and supporting each other in everything you do. Thanks for the example and inspiration!

Heidi said...

Such a great fam we have:)