Monday, September 12, 2011

PEOPLE CHANGE

Many years ago, actually almost 29, there was a young girl who married a handsome young man. When they went on a trip, she was used to just getting in line and waiting her turn. One day her handsome husband took her to the line for those with "Elite Status" and she said, "THIS ISN'T FAIR".

Fast forward 29 years and you will find her singing a different tune--she has decided there is not anything unfair about getting in that line and definitely thinks being able to use upgrades to get bumped up to business class because her husband does so much flying is DEFINITELY FAIR ; )

I know I'M SPOILED!!!

I have a FANTASTIC seat on the plane!

SIDENOTE: The bad news is we are having engine problems and we are stuck on the plane while they fix it (actually they just asked us to get off the plane (who knows maybe they'll have us change planes--but at least we didn't have engine problems after we got in the air or worse yet over the Atlantic ; ). Got a look for the positive!!! My friend, Valerie, shared a great quote from her husband who is a pilot: "I'd rather be on the ground wishing I was in the air, than in the air wishing I was on the ground." LOVE IT.

13 comments:

Carrot Jello said...

Holy Smokes! Lucky!

Deena said...

I always look longingly at those spacious seats as we shuffle to the back of the plane.

I'll have to remember that quote the next time we are waiting and waiting and waiting...

Nancy Face said...

Engine problems? EEEK!

They wouldn't be able to get me back on the plane, HA!

Connie said...

Wow! You know how to travel! Love the quote. Have so much fun!

Garden of Egan said...

My hubs says the same thing. He travels and is gone almost more than he is home.
He's always glad to have fewer hassles. I have to agree. I'm always glad that something can be easier with his travel.

ShEiLa said...

I never traveled with YOUR kind of STYLE!!! I hope they work out the kinks... engine trouble never a good thing.

ToOdLeS.

kierste @ brown paper packages said...

LUCKY girl!!!

Melissa said...

I've never even seen a seat in business class! Have you ever listened to Brian Regan?? He has several different bits that he does about airplanes and such... makes me laugh :)

Cherie said...

Love the picture!
I am right there with you in the spoiled department and I love it~!
My husband racks up the miles from his travels too and we always go to the front of the line.
I remember once a few years back there were all these people waiting in a very longgggg line and we went through security, then through the elite line and it took us right to the front of the regular line.
The guys who was actually in the front of the line and had waited for who knows how long got grumpy. He started saying "Hey who do you think you are just walking up to the front of the line, etc...
As the airline worker let us through I heard someone explaining to that man about "elite status" - I felt a little guilty...but not tooo much. Hee Hee
Enjoy your trip!! (Wherever you are going).

sorry for the long book

Klin said...

That seat is the bomb diggity! And I love your friend's pilot husband's quote. I totally agree.

Valerie said...

I have NEVER seen a seat like that on a plane, let alone sat in one! I guess I need to get away from the bargain airlines!!

Max travels a lot, as you know, but he mainly racks up mileage on the car, not in the air... and the air mileage he racks up doesn't count for commerical flights! :(

I love that quote of his! I am having it printed up on vinyl and put on a big tile for his office for a Christmas present. I want him to remember that getting home safely is more important than getting home quickly.

I hope you're having a wonderful trip!

Natalie said...

Oh boy, lucky you. I always wanted to travel in style, but oh no, I get to go to the back of the plane. :)

Jenna and her friend Emma got to travel 1st class when they came to visit us in Europe. They LOVED it. Lucky girls.

Sue said...

Reading your wonderful posts about your travels reminds me of how fortunate we are to be able to travel such far distances in such a short time.
For you..to be able to go in such style, makes it so much more enjoyable.

I'm sue from haven of refuge..Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Maybe we will cross paths again.
I have a europe trip planned myself.. soon very soon.