Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Grandchildren--Pride and Joy #3, Evan



A year after, Pride and Joy #2, Amanda, was born, this little guy joined our family.  And you talk about a little guy with PERSONALITY.  He had it.  He was so fun to be around.

The first time he came to visit--they lived in Indiana--he was a couple of months old.  Here he is with his Aunt Heidi and Uncle Brent.


Nancy and Evan came to visit quite often.  We loved having them with us.  There were lots of fun little short trips here and there.

Of course, his mom is a kick and she would have us all in stitches whenever they were visiting.   Can you see the way she is holding him in this Christmas Eve picture ; )

I laughed when he came downstairs on Christmas morning.  Look at that little face ; )  Yes, she stuffed him a little bit.

We were living in So. California and that always meant a trip to Disneyland when people would come to visit.


Up at Northstar.


This picture of the three little boys always makes me smile

Out at Oakwood Lake.

And, of course, the visit to Sea World, when they rode the elephant



When we lived in Charlotte, NC, Nancy wasn't too far away and she would drive and visit us.  Heidi and Brent always loved it when she and the boys came. 

I have some great memories of this little boy--
  • I remember one time when Nancy came--this visit in June 1988--we were getting together to have a little reunion at Mammoth.  Before we headed to Mammoth we had a family picture taken, and it just happened to be right after Pride & Joy #4 was born.  I have the cutest little video of Nancy having Evan make all kinds of faces--Hamburger Face, Fish Face, and when she would say, "We're going to Wal-Mart"  This picture is of "Uncle Brent", Chris and Evan.
  • Whenever he would come and visit he would make me smile because he had the cutest little southern accent, and would look up at me and call me, "Grandma Onnie" with this cute little drawl and lots of emphasis on the "On" which he pronounced "Own" ; )

  • He has always been quite the entertainer.  Whenever there were talent shows at the school, this little boy performed--and usually won.  He would lip sync and was dressed in full get up ; )  I don't think he had a shy bone in his body.  (I have been looking everywhere for a GREAT picture that I have of him dressed up for one of these talent shows ; )

This picture was taken after #4 grandchild was born.  It is one of my favorites of us with these cute little grandchldren--hard to believe that this picture was taken 22 years ago ; )



When we moved back to the U.S., we stopped in Indiana to visit them--and Nancy had Evan and Josh dressed up as little Elves.


 Look at that little face -- such a cutie.


We had a great trip to Park City and he enjoyed horseback riding with his Uncle Kyle.



He is an amazing musician.  He loves his guitar. 

In 2003,  Allan's 60th birthday and the gang got together for  a basketball game.  Allan was shocked when Evan got out on the court to play--he had no idea THE BOY COULD JUMP.

In 2008, he and Scarlett were married.  They are incredible parents.  It was so fun to be with them in Indiana in September.


I'm so glad we got this picture of Evan and Scarlett with Grandma Rob when we were all in Hawaii.


Evan and Scarlett, are the parents of our very first Great Grandchild--Xander.  


It was so fun when we had a chance to visit with them when we went to Indiana in September for my half-marathon.  They are great parents and love their little Xander so much.  


Evan has always been very close to his dad's grandparents.  They have been such a wonderful influence on him and have taught him so many wonderful things.  

Can I tell you how much these two touch my heart.  As many of you know, when my parents died, my sisters and I were taken in by a wonderful couple who unselfishly opened their home.  Scarlett's brother's two little ones need a place to live for awhile and this sweet little couple have opened their home.  I don't think they hesitated for a moment--there was a need and they were more than willing to fill that need.  And they have enough love to share.

7 comments:

Heffalump said...

I love that you love your grandkids so much! Great post!

Sheri said...

I love all of your pictures! I have got to find my old ones!! Why was there an elephant at Sea world?! What lucky grandchildren you have!! :)

ShEiLa said...

Yvonne,

YOU are leaving quite a nice family history and photo journal for your entire family. I love it!

ToOdLeS.

Garden of Egan said...

Oh my goodness what chubby cheeks as a baby! So cute.
I love all the pictures. They tell such a story of love.

You all obviously taught them well as they are willing to take someone in that is in need.

Such a great story.
Great-grandchild!??? You aren't old enough!

Connie said...

That Santa picture cracks me up! How cute!
Isn't it fun to see those we love and adore grow up to be good people and good parents?
You really are a great Grandma? Amazing!

Melissa said...

So fun!! These grandkids are so lucky to have you in their lives!

Valerie said...

I LOVED the Christmas Eve picture! HILARIOUS!

You have some pretty amazing grandchildren. I always admire people who open their home and their hearts to children and love them when they are in need. Evan and Scarlett obviously have very generous hearts!