Heidi was born in 1983, Chris in 1984, Brent in 1985 and in September 1986, our first granddaughter, Amanda, was born--this beautiful little girl. Oh, she was so sweet and so adorable. (And you know what SHE STILL IS)
I was so glad we were living in California when she was born. When we got the call, we got someone to come and watch the kids and got in the car and headed to Utah. It was so fun to get to meet her and hold this sweet little girl.
And it was wonderful when they came to California to have her blessed--she had changed so much in that month.
She was such a beautiful little girl.
Just like her older brother, we spent a lot of time with them when they were little. I have so many fun memories of her. So many great activities and trips.
- When she flew to Winnipeg for Grandpa's 60th birthday celebration, but didn't arrive until late because she didn't know she had to have a birth certificate because she was coming into a "foreign" country. The gang was at the airport waiting for her when she arrived ; )
- flying to California and going to one of her basketball games. There was lots of laughing while sitting in the stands and realized her mom and I both yelled pretty loud during the games.
- being so impressed at her high school graduation in Texas--a huge class of 600 or 900 (I'm sure if Amanda reads this she'll tell me which one ; ) and yet the whole graduation only took 2 hours. (We still laugh because Allan attended a graduation of a class of about 30 students and it also took 2 hours ; )
- Getting a chance to scrapbook with her when she came to Winnipeg.
- It was so fun for Heidi and Brent when they were able to travel to Japan with Neal and Amanda. Such a memorable trip.
- In 2009 she went to Antarctica to do some experiments with balloons. (I always laugh and talk about she needs to use flipcharts with lots of pictures when she tries to explains most of the things she does to me--I'm sure her grandpa understands--me, not so much. But I LOVED reading her blog about her experiences while she was there. She is AMAZING.