I love that in Canada everyone wears a poppy in remembrance.
With it be 11-11-11,I thought it would be kind of fun to do My Top 11 Favorite Things, so here goes:
1) Favorite Holiday: I love Christmas--I love everything about it. So many wonderful traditions--the Christmas PJ's
2) Favorite Dessert: Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE SWEETS, so this is very, very difficult for me to pin down. But this dessert is definitely "deadly" for me: Death by Chocolate
4) Favorite Day: There have been 4 wonderful days in my life--May 30, October 7, August 26, and April 13th--the day each of my children were born. But you know what--October 23, 1982, I not only became a wife to an incredible man as well as a "step" mother to three wonderful children:
5) Favorite Quote: I have always loved this C. S. Lewis quote from "Mere Christianity": "Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of - throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were being made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself.”
6) Favorite Book: It would have to be the Book of Mormon. It has always been such a blessing in my life and brings me such peace as I read and ponder its messages.
7) Favorite Food: I love to eat--anything and everything. Honestly my favorite food would be chocolate, but I my favorite main course would have to be PRIME RIB.
8) Favorite Cookie: If I'm going to have favorite food and favorite dessert, I have to have favorite cookie. I used to love Oreos. In fact, the night before I delivered Stephen I ate a whole bag (or pretty close to it) of Oreos. But I would have to go with a chocolate chip cookie (and I highly doubt I have ever had just one chocolate chip cookie, so let's make that plural), and you know what, I think mine is pretty good ; )
9) Favorite Movie: This is impossible. I love movies--there are some I will watch whenever they are on like Top Gun, Hoosiers, or Bourne Ultimatum. And, of course, there are movies I watch when I need a good laugh, like Elf, or when I need a good cry, like My Dog Skip, or for today Saving Private Ryan--I do have an edited copy. (I will always remember watching The Fighting Sullivans when I was a little girl). But let me just say that I love the following movies: Heaven Can Wait, Rocky, Steel Magnolias, Pride and Prejudice, You've Got Mail, and, of course, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan--because that is the movie Allan and I saw on our first date ; )
10) Favorite Vacation Spot: I have been very fortunate to go to lots of beautiful places, but I have had the best vacations EVER in Hawaii
11) Favorite Place To Be: Wherever I can find this guy--and it's not just because it doesn't matter how cold or snowy it is, he will go outside and barbeque whenever I want ; )