Tuesday, November 8, 2011

On-Line Challenge

In the last few years I have participated in several on-line challenges with friends.   They have been, well, challenging ; )

I just completed one that was a nine-week challenge and included daily tasks as:  Burn 250 calories, eat 2 servings of fruit and 3 servings of vegetables, de-clutter for 15 minutes, have a dinner plan by noon, family scripture study 6 days a week, 15 minutes of personal scripture study, keep an electronic food journal, no eating after 9 pm, drink 80 oz. of water, and an evening routine that you detail at the beginning of the challenge.  As well, there was a personal wildcard that you could change every 3 weeks and a weekly health/fitness challenge that changed every week.  For my personal wildcard, I decided to practice the piano for 30 minutes a day, and although I'm not ready to perform in front of anyone I certainly am better than I was several weeks ago.  It is one of those things I will continue because I really see the benefit of doing it.  And, this is such a great time of year to sit at the piano and play.

For me the hardest part of this challenge was the 80 oz. of water--that is a lot of water.  I loved the de-cluttering.

What have I learned from these challenges?
  • I CAN do hard things.  
  • I am more disciplined than I thought.
  • It's amazing how driven I am when there is a point involved.
  • I do my best work when it is "team week" or "partner week" and someone else is depending on me.
  • I really enjoy the group camaraderie--each week we have a question which we have to answer, and it is so fun to read everyone's answers and learn from them.
  • I LOVE to be challenged.
No, I didn't win, but I don't care, because one thing is for sure, I am stronger and healthier.  


As I've participated in these challenges in the past, there is usually one week that includes the one that is the toughest ever for me--you can only have one treat a day.  WHAT?????  This challenge didn't have that at all.  So I guess I missed it because I have decided for the month of November to challenge myself to do that--only have one treat a day.  Now that may be easy for YOU, but not for ME.  I love my treats.  Of course, Allan laughs that sugar free chocolate would be considered a TREAT.

So, needless to say, I've been a little GRUMPY.  (Okay, I should say VERY GRUMPY ; )

Poor Allan, I know he will be happy when it is December 1.

7 comments:

ShEiLa said...

I think you are incredibly disciplined. I admire you. That is loads of water... I really am bad about drinking water lately.

Life is too short to feel grumpy... but I find myself there too.

Hugs to you Miss Yvonne!!!!

ToOdLeS.

Garden of Egan said...

Those sound like some amazing challenges. Good for you!
I need to get involved with something like that.
I've gotten lazy.

Cherie said...

One thing (and there are quite a few) I really admire about you is your commitment and stick-to-it-ivness!!
You really get things done!!

Connie said...

I'm impressed.
You look so good! I'm sure you feel better physically and mentally! Good for you!
I think the 80 oz of water would be the hardest for me...or maybe the "only one treat" a day.

kierste @ brown paper packages said...

Limiting sugar has always been THE hardest challenge for me, hands down. I think I *might* be able to handle one treat a day.

But only if I can count sugar-free chocolate. :)

Sheri said...

Maybe that is what I need - an online challenge!! Way to go, you always motivate people!! Good luck through November!!

Corrine said...

wow way to go! I should do the no treat and for sure SUGAR FREE doesn't equal a treat at all! :)