Thursday, December 8, 2011

Grandchildren--Pride and Joy #4, Jason

In 1988, Jason joined the family.  His mom and dad were just young kids when he was born.  He reminded me so much of his daddy.

I think Daphne has forgiven me for this picture, but I'm not sure I would have.  She had just been released from the hospital after having a C-section and we had this family picture taken.


Heidi was happy to be an Auntie again.

I love this picture of J and his mom and dad.


Such an adorable little boy.


It was fun to watch our little family grow.




He was a ring bearer at one of his mom and dad's friend's wedding.




One of my favorite pictures of the two of us--he has the most beautiful blue eyes.




And here he is all grown up


At his baptism--with his sister, Kiah, and his cousin, Chris.


When we lived in Toronto and they lived in Missouri, the kids and I would drive down to see them.  


And whenever we left, he was not very happy.



Allan had a fun little song on his computer--the chicken dance and J and Kiah loved to dance to the music ; )


With his family at high school graduation:




Some of my favorite stories about this guy:
  • He was such a cute little boy and, in fact, won third place in a baby contest and was crowned The Duke of Berkeley.  (This is him his first Christmas)


  • When his little sister, Kiah, was just a baby, and Stephen and Daphne set up the baby swing, Jason loved it.  Daphne told him to go into his room and get his baby to put into the swing.  Well, he went in and didn't get his baby but went in and got his little sister and carried her into the front room to put her into the swing.   Here he is with his brand new little sister, K.

  • One time when he was at a convenience store with some guys from school, his mom came in and began talking to him.  After she walked away, one of the guys asked him if that was his girlfriend???



  • He has always been incredibly athletic.  It was so fun to watch him play soccer, basketball, foot-ball, baseball,  snowboarding or anything.


















He is a wonderful big brother.   He has 3 younger sisters and 2 younger brothers.  Family means a great deal to him.  



As with each of the grandchildren, there have been lots of great times together--these guys are too funny.



The boy likes to eat ; )




He loves his family--here they are at Heidi and Daniel's wedding last year.


This is one of my favorite pictures of my handsome boys.




At one of our family reunions in Park City, he, Neal, and his dad  went on this "skeleton" type thing--Evan and Josh also road, but I'll write about Josh's "fun" experience later:




We have always had a good time together.   I love when he texts me messages because he always is so sweet.  He is in college and studying hard.  He also works at a restaurant.  I sure love this young man and am so very happy that he is part of our family.


SIDENOTE:  Things are very busy as we prepare for our dinner with the missionaries this Saturday.  Numbers are down, but it's still going to be GREAT!!!!   

7 comments:

Garden of Egan said...

This is such a great journaling thing that you do.

What a cute chubby cheeked little guy. Grown into such a handsome man.

You are blessed!

gigi said...

What a handsome young man! He has such a great smile and I can see where people are drawn to him. I loved all your family pictures too! These make such great posts!

kierste @ brown paper packages said...

I just love that you are doing this--what a great idea and wonderful tribute to your grandchildren. You are so lucky, and so are they!!!

Have fun at your missionary dinner...can't wait to hear how the chocolate peppermint roll tastes. :)

Valerie said...

He is a handsome boy...I mean young man! You have a beautiful family. Beautiful on the outside AND inside! Can't wait to read more about them!

Melissa said...

That picture of him hugging you and crying broke my heart! My oldest was the same way. He would almost make himself sick to his stomach crying every time we left my parents house!!
Again... another great post!
How did your dinner go?? I'm assuming that's what all your fantastic desserts were for!! :)

Natalie said...

You are doing such a great job writing about all of your grandchildren. Each one is so special and how great that you have documented so many wonderful events.

What a handsome young man!

Phaedra said...

I love how YOU love your family!