Friday, December 23, 2011

So Many Great Days

We are having a great visit here in Utah.  The best part is always BEING WITH FAMILY.

Our drive down was like a drive down in the Fall and not the winter.  The roads were dry--very unlike our trip down three years ago, when several times I had to shut my eyes and PRAY!!!! (Don't worry I wasn't doing the driving at the time ; )

On Friday we drove through Idaho.  And of course, we pulled off the highway here.  Went to a little gas station and bought an "I love Idaho" keychain and put it in our Elder's Christmas box ; )  Sure glad we didn't pass a car with a couple of missionaries--one of them incredibly handsome.


On Saturday we tried to get as much shopping done as we could so we would have our box ready to send on Monday.

Sunday was wonderful.  We went to Heidi and Daniel's Ward and it happened to be the Sunday Heidi was teaching.  It was great to be in her class.  She did a marvelous job with her lesson--such a wonderful teacher, with so much enthusiasm and a great testimony.

Monday we did more running around and that night we went to see Sherlock Holmes.  Fun movie.

On Tuesday Allan, Brent, and I got up around 4:30 and left around 5:30 and headed for Manti.  I had been to the grounds but never to the temple.  It was wonderful.


After the session we headed to St. Geroge.  So fun to see the M's--who are there on a mission at the Visitor's Center.



   Had a great lunch and then went to the temple.



We then visited with a couple who are the parents of a girl I visit teach.  They are serving a mission there.  It was so fun to meet them.  They are loving their mission.

We left St. George and headed off to visit a couple who were in our Ward in California many years ago.  He was my boss for a couple of years.  She is one of the best scriptorians I know.  We hadn't seen them for years and it was so fun to visit with them.  It is so fun to reconnect with friends.


We got home around 10:00.  I was sure glad Allan was doing the driving.  A long day.

On Wednesday we had a lot going on.  Allan and I had a meeting up in Salt Lake, but as it turned out, our plans changed and I ended up going with Heidi and Daniel to a doctor appointment they had.  

After the appointment I met up with Allan and then we visited with our friends who are serving a mission at the Family History Center.  We love these two so much.


Yesterday got a chance to see Neal and his gang.  We attended the baptism of one of Allan's favorite cousin's granddaughter.  She and her family actually live in Beijing, but were baptized here where her other grandparents live.  (So cool that their Branch President happened to be traveling and was there to conduct the baptism.  I LOVE the dedication of wonderful Priesthood leaders). 

It was so fun to hold my sweet little granddaughter who I haven't seen since Mother's Day when we were in Calgary together.   And ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOMENTS was getting a hug from my cute little grandson, G-Man.

Heidi wanted to give me something special, so we went to get pedicures yesterday.  I love that girl so much and we had a great time together.  

Today is lunch at Market Street Grill with my sisters-in-law and then the temple with the kids.  Mission Impossible tonight ; )

BTW, I can hardly contain my excitement--two more days until we get to Skype with our missionary.  Hooray for modern technology.

Sidenote:  Isn't this the coolest cake!!!!  Those are kit kats around the cake and M&M's (plain and peanut) on the top.  Sara says it is the easiest cake to make and you can change the colors to fit the occasion.  Can't wait to try and make one.  (She made it for someone and took it to them, so we didn't get to eat it ; (



8 comments:

Garden of Egan said...

You drove right by me! Someday I'm going to hijack you on one of your Idaho trips and give you a big hug.

So FUN! I bet you were looking out very close for a very cute missionary!

Looks like your day was FULL. What a gorgeous temple, I've never been to Manti.

Have a blast and wonderful Christmas!

Connie said...

Your schedule is filled with fun! How wonderful to see your grandkids and go to the temple(s0, attend baptisms and go to the movies. It's good you're able to be with Heidi right now.

I think if I had that cake I'd take off the duct tape! :)

ShEiLa said...

Very cute cake!

Yvonne I hope you have the merriest Christmas ever... enjoy your family and friends... you always do. It is evident to me that you cherish them.

ToOdLeS.

Cherie said...

Wow! You guys have put alot of miles on the car! I like your style and that you were able to visit so many Temples And so many friends, not to mention your family!! Good going.

I bet it was so hard to drive by the turn off to go see that handsome missionary son - Good thing you get to talk to him in a few days!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family :-D

Heffalump said...

I'm glad you have been able to enjoy your family!

Randi said...

I'm so glad you're having a good time!
Yvonne, you look SO thin!!
Way to go!!

aubrey said...

what a fun trip you're having! it is wonderful to be with family during the holidays. {we saw sherlock holmes last week too..such a fun movie!}

Nancy Face said...

Oh, the Manti and St. George temples are so beautiful! I haven't been inside the St. George Temple yet, but Manti is just wonderful, isn't it?

That cake is a chocolate coma just waiting to happen! ;)