Saturday, January 21, 2012

Birthday Week

I LOVED CELEBRATING MY BIRTHDAY--ALL WEEK LONG!!!!

It has been such a great birthday week.  As I mentioned in my birthday post, I had a busy day.  I got these beautiful flowers from Neal and Macy and the kids.  Aren't they beautiful?


My photography class was so fun.  I am learning so much.  Shhhh, don't tell anyone, but I have always shot in auto mode, so this is a whole new world for me.  I can't believe how little I knew about my camera--all this stuff about ISO, shutter speed, aperture, and light metering????  And we even have assignments--just wish it wasn't so cold because I really want to go outside and take pictures, but everything is WHITE!!!!

And do you know what I got in the mail on Friday????  This fun little recorder



and it had Elder Rob playing seven different piano arrangements--Keep the Commandments, I Believe in Christ, If You Could Hie to Kolob, Oh How Lovely Was the Morning, etc.  Each of them were his own arrangements.  It was so fun to listen to them.  And, of course, at the end was a little message from him.  It was so perfect.  It's funny but I remember this little boy every February playing at the Pianothons ; )



And, of course, my sweetheart got home last night.  SMILE ; )  I sure love him and am always so much happier when he gets home.

This morning we attended a memorial for a beautiful lady in our Stake.  She had a stroke on December  12 and passed away a few days later on her 95th birthday.  One of my favorite things I heard at her memorial was "a lot of people spend a lifetime "learning a living" but never learn how to "live".  I loved that.   The wonderful thing was recognizing that this women is still a great example to all of us--even after she is gone.

Then tonight rather than going out to dinner, we brought in Chinese food.  I LOVE CHINESE FOOD.  It was so cold outside, I really didn't want to go out so just sitting at home and enjoying it together was lovely.

And, I guess really the celebration will continue.  Heidi said when I come down to Utah when she has her next surgery we will celebrate my birthday.  HEY, I'M GAME!!!  I will celebrate ANYTIME.


4 comments:

Natalie said...

How fun to celebrate again. Hey, I just had a great thought. Maybe we can celebrate with you,

Glad your Honey is home. It is so much nicer to have our hubbies at home with us. :)

ShEiLa said...

I love the flowers and the recording... love it all!!! Anything that makes your day/week/life more joyous.

ToOdLeS.

Heffalump said...

It's always fun when you get to stretch out the celebration!

Connie said...

I like Natalie's idea! Let's celebrate when you get back to Utah!

What beautiful flowers! Perfect for this cold winter season!

I think having Chinese food in a warm home with your honey is the best way to celebrate!