Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A LOOK BACK AT 2011--REVISED!!!!

IF YOU LOOKED AT THIS POST EARLIER, I APOLOGIZE, BUT SINCE I WROTE IT THINGS HAVE CHANGED WITH HEIDI AND I WANTED TO FIX THE POST.

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year.  Looking forward to a wonderful 2012.  So many things to look forward to.

2011 was a pretty good year.

JANUARY--The month began with the arrival of Baby L.

And she just celebrated her 1st birthday yesterday.



Heidi and Daniel came to Winnipeg and we had a reception here.



On my 60th birthday I got on a plane for Texas to meet my newest granddaughter.



FEBRUARY--Baby Blessing Tour begins.  It was so wonderful to see family and to be in California when Georgia was blessed.


So glad to have Neal there for the blessing.



MARCH--The second leg of the Baby Blessing Tour continued with a trip to Texas.  Such a great trip.  So much to see and the culmination of the trip was Baby L's blessing.



APRIL--The announcement of the Winnipeg Temple. So exciting.



MAY--The highlight of Mother's Day was skyping with our Elder.  Such a treat.

JUNE--My very first half-marathon.  All I could think of was--I DID IT!!!!

And then a few days later poor Brent had hernia surgery--glad I was there ; )





JULY--Our first visit to Minot to help with the flooding--overwhelming to see the devastation.  It was so great to be part of the service project.

AUGUST--Going back to Minot to help with the clean-up.





SEPTEMBER--Another marathon, but the best part was getting to see family in Indiana, especially my little great grandson.  By the way, there will be another one coming this year!!!!  So very excited.



OCTOBER--Our fabulous trip to Switzerland.  Such a great trip to visit the sites and see Amanda and Darren.





NOVEMBER--Celebrating American Thanksgiving with Elder Rob's buddies.  I've had some great Thanksgivings, but there was something special about this one with them.



DECEMBER--A couple of things made for a great December:

Our missionary Christmas dinner



Spending time with family in Utah is always a treat.  Allan's two sisters are always so great to open up their home to us.  There was lots going on.  We ate way too much, but it was worth every calorie and every pound ; )  So many fun conversations and great laughs.

Christmas Eve--


And Christmas Day--


Being able to skype with our little Elder

A trip to Temple Square to see the lights.



All in all it was a great year.  Still trying to decide on my word for 2012!!!

Update on Heidi:  She was released from the hospital on Monday and is now home recovering.  It's hard being so far away, but I know she is in good hands.

Update on Our Elder:  In his e-mail on Monday he told us he had jammed his pinky finger playing basketball on New Years Eve.  After review of the x-rays the doctors determined he had a slight fracture.  

REVISED UPDATE ON HEIDI:  Unfortunately, her doctor has readmitted her into the hospital.  I will wait until tomorrow to determine if I will get on a plane and head back to Utah.  Things are not working like they should and we may be looking at an emergency surgery ; (  Grateful for prayer, but sure wish I wasn't so far away.




13 comments:

Cherie said...

Oh my goodness. That is a bit scary. I will keep her in my prayers and you also. I wish Heidi the best and that she can get through this as easily as possible. {{hugs}}

Garden of Egan said...

You have had an eventful and stress filled year.
Even though most of those events are awesome and blessings and fun....they can still cause some stress.

So sorry to hear about Heidi. I hope that things get settled in OK and she's outta there before you know it. It was a tough surgery that she had and it may take awhile.

Sheri said...

What an amaizng year! I am so sorry about Heidi - if I can do anything for her down here I absolutely will. Please let me know if I can help you help her.
Love you and you are both in prayers!

Heffalump said...

Oh no! I hope they get things figured out!

Deena said...

I'll remember Heidi in my prayers.

I love your moose jammies.

Nancy Face said...

I'm so sorry to learn that Heidi is having complications. :(

Nancy Face said...

Poor Elder Rob! Although a pinky finger is tiny, it can cause a lot of discomfort! :(

Nancy Face said...

I love all the happy events and pictures in this post! What a truly wonderful year for you! :)

Lana said...

Oh no! I hope everything is going to be fine with Heidi.

ShEiLa said...

oh dear...

Heidi will remain in my prayers.

ToOdLeS.

Connie said...

You've had so many wonderful things going on in 2011. It's too bad it had to end with Heidi's surgery but I hope she gets better REAL soon!
Will Elder Robb need to wear a cast for a fractured finger? Basketball is a dangerous game!!

gigi said...

I loved your year in review! You are a world traveler! Great pictures of such a wonderful family! Prayers for your Heidi!

Valerie said...

What a great year! Chalked full of blessings! I feel like I've been with you through all of it. But I can't believe how quickly it all went by.

Prayers for Heidi! And for YOU!!