Thursday, January 5, 2012

ONE WORD RESOLUTION FOR 2012

Last year, my one word resolution was "Recognize".  I worked hard to recognize the hand of the Lord in my life.  It made for a great year.

I wanted to have another great experience this year and have given this a lot of thought.  I have decided I'm going with the word RELINQUISH.

If you know me or have read my blog for any length of time, you know I struggle with control issues.  I want to fix people's problems, and, I ALWAYS KNOW WHAT'S BEST!!!!  (One of my favorite songs from any Disney movie would have to be "Mother Knows Best" from Tangled ; )  Thank goodness my kids are not at home, or I would be singing it to them ALL THE TIME.

Seriously, I know I do not know what's best for everyone, but I want to do my best to help them.  I have a tough time letting go and recognizing that I can't always fix the problem.  Sometimes, things have to play out; sometimes they have to go through a particular problem; and sometimes they have created the problem and have to work it out on their own.

This year I am going to work really hard letting go and letting THEM work through their own issues/problems.  I know I need to allow them to TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL THEIR HEART.


WISH ME LUCK!!!


SIDENOTE:   

With that being said, one of the hardest things for me to do is to not head to the airport and get on a plane going to Utah to help Heidi.  (The above picture was actually taken after her last surgery)  She had surgery again this evening.  Things were not healing like the doctor had hoped and so he decided to take out the damaged part of her colon--he ended up taking out about a foot and a half of the "stretched" colon.   Apparently, that part of the colon was wrapped around the healthy colon and "strangling" it.  I'm so glad she went in and got it taken care of.

I do TRUST IN THE LORD and know that He is mindful of her.  Hoping that things heal quickly.

I will definitely head to Utah in a couple of months for the next surgery



8 comments:

gigi said...

Good luck with your very big "word" it's a good one.

Prayers for your Heidi and for all of you.

Connie said...

A very intriguing word, indeed! I had to mull it over a bit and I see where you're coming from. Trusting in the Lord helps us to relinquish our problems, fears, insecurities and pride. Great word!

Love the picture of Heidi surrounded by her family. The love of a family will help her heal.

(I'll still keep her in my prayers)

Cherie said...

Oh the colon. I was wondering what kind of surgery she had. Gee that is really a tough surgery. My heart goes out to her. That is pretty big, especially with her being so young. I pray that they can get it all straightened out (no pun intended) and that her healing process will be fast.
You are a great mom - Just a great example.
Relinquish is a wonderful word and I know where you are coming from. Isn't it a mom's job to be controlling and run everyone's life?

Still in my prayers!!!

Heffalump said...

I'm not good at relinquishing anything. That's a great choice. I'm sure thinking about that this year is going to help you to stretch and grow.
I'm glad to see an update about Heidi. I hope things go well!

Valerie said...

Wow! You are already succeeding at your NY Resolution! It must be incredibly difficult not to be with Heidi at this time. Poor girl. I hope she starts feeling better SOON!!!

You'll do GREAT at your resolution! You're one strong mamma with the determination to succeed!

ShEiLa said...

relinquish.
hard word... well not acting and relinquishing is hard.

Oh dear... I am glad they took Miss Heidi back into surgery again. Wow!

Love the 'Mother Knows Best' song.

ToOdLeS.

Sheri said...

Love that word! I finally decided on mine today too - just have to find time to post it!! :) Love and prayers are the best and you have them in spades!!

Garden of Egan said...

Perfect word.
Definitely one that will be a work in progress.

Thanks so much for the update on Heidi. She's been on my mind.
Hugs and prayers for all of you.