Thursday, February 9, 2012

What is Love: Valentine Post #9

How could I ever do a post about LOVE without including these guys:  Some of the cutest grandchildren ever.  I love being a grandma--and I love these kids.  I realize my Pride and Joy Grandma Posts are not completed--once I get home I will have to get back to doing them.

I wish I could see all of my grandchildren more often.  At the same time I know I am very fortunate that I get to see most of them at least every year.  It would be fun to be closer, but it sure makes those times we are together even more special.

Just last week, I got to have lunch with these two while their mom was in Utah.  I'm so grateful their mom writes about them quite often and post pictures.  Of course it is a real treat whenever we get to iChat--which isn't often enough.


And, I did get to see their older sister and her husband when they stopped in to visit Heidi in the hospital.  (They are back from Switzerland and will be living on the West Coast.)


And then we have G-Man and Little L's big brother--my oldest grandson.   I'm hoping I get a chance to see him and his wife when I go to Texas in August to take care of the two little ones while their folks head off to Europe.  (I'm so excited to get to do that)



And then we have the six who live in California--this was the picture on part of Stephen and Daph's Christmas Card ; )  Totally made me smile.


And finally we have the Indiana gang.  We had a chance to visit them last September and it was so fun.  Can't wait to do it again.


And along with the grandchildren, I have this cute little great grandson.   I'm so excited because this little guy is getting a new brother or sister in May ; )  I think his grandma is pretty happy, too.


I really love being a grandma, but it would be a whole lot more fun if they weren't so far away.  








6 comments:

Garden of Egan said...

You have such a beautiful family. It's wonderful the way you tell their story.
You are a one awesome grandmama!

Heffalump said...

I love that you are good at being a Grandma! Those grandkids are lucky to have someone for a grandma that loves them so much!

Natalie said...

Grandkids are the best. You sure have a good looking bunch. :) Lucky them to have you for a grandma.

Cherie said...

You really do have quite a large crew!!
Families are just all over now - that is just the way life is in our mobile society so it is great that you get so much time with them as you do!
They are all beautiful!

Connie said...

I agree with you. Being a grandma is the best! I can imagine your grandchildren LOVE when you visit!

Valerie said...

Grandma-hood is something that I am really looking forward to! And I want to be a grandma JUST LIKE YOU!!