Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Crazy Month--now onto MARCH MADNESS

No doubt February was a crazy month--many days traveling from Lindon to LDS Hospital in Salt Lake City to visit Heidi.

But there were other things--lots of other things--squeezed into the other hours of the day.

  • Visits to Mt. Timp, Provo, Oquirrh Mountain, and Bountiful temples.  I loved being in Provo and seeing all the missionaries--definitely brought tears to my eyes, but still was so wonderful.
  • I also walked many times to Temple Square--an easy walk down, not so easy walking back UP to the hospital.   I even had a chance to walk to the Family History Center and visit with my friends who are there on a mission.  

  • Brent and I had many meals together at In-N-Out, Zupas, Red Robin, Cafe Rio, and Kneaders.   One night we took my sister-in-law and had their Tres Leches Cake--big mistake, it was way too good.  I will really have to make sure I don't order it every time I go there from now on.
  • Brent and I went to The Merchant of Venice--he had worked on the set.

  • We also went to the Hale Theater to see "39 Steps"--it was so fun.  I laughed so hard.  Brent and I also hit the movie theater a couple of times--we saw Journey 2 The Mysterious Island and In Time.  (Heidi, Daniel, Brent, and I ended up watching In Time together the Friday night before I came home.)    Heidi and I watched a few movies in the hospital including Real Steel, Thor, and Breaking Dawn which was better than I thought it would be.  I also watched Moneyball (thumbs up), Contagion--wow, The Hulk--which Brent insisted I watch before The Avengers comes out, and The Help which I enjoyed so very much.  One day Brent brought over an edited copy of The Ides of March--only reenforced my desire that hope that none of my children or grandchildren ever become involved in politics.  My sisters in law have told me about Downton Abbey, and I have to admit I spent a lot of time watching it on line.  Now I can't wait for the next season.
  • One of Allan's uncles died while I was there so I was able to see many of the family when my SIL and I went to the viewing before his funeral the Saturday before I left.  Allan really does have a wonderful family.
  • The Saturday afternoon before I left I met up with Connie and Natalie for a lunch at Zupas.  Natalie is very familiar with the surgery that Heidi has had, as her daughter has had the same surgery, so she was a great resource and a wonderful listener.

  • For our last meal together, Heidi, Daniel, Brent, and I went to Rodizios Grill for a GREAT DINNER.  One of the few times I finished a meal and could honestly say I DIDN'T WANT DESSERT!!!!  Of course, the fact that Heidi took me to Cold Stone for a birthday celebration early in the afternoon and I had a DELICIOUS churro caramel thing only added to my decision to not have dessert.  When I visit Cold Stone, I usually have the Founder's Favorite, but this was SO INCREDIBLY YUMMY, I may have to have it again!!!

I am glad to be home--especially now that my honey is home.

And this is what we had YESTERDAY:



I'm very happy that it is March because that means MARCH MADNESS IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!!!

Sidenote:  Yesterday I got a call from Elder Rob's Mission Office regarding his travel plans--he'll be home in less than 3 months.



9 comments:

Natalie said...

You were sure able to fit in a lot of activities. I'm so glad.

It was really great to see you.

ShEiLa said...

Wow! Wow! (twice)

Wow! is what I thought of Contagion too... that certainly makes a person think... a whole lot about catching something especially while traveling.

Wow! that your Elder is nearing the end of his mission journey.

I am so glad that you were able to enjoy so much during your time with Heidi and Brent and Daniel... and all of the eating out and enjoying the company.

March Madness... here it comes!!!

ToOdLeS.

Nancy Face said...

The snow looks beautiful and SO BRRR!!!

What a great picture of you with Natalie and Connie!

Heffalump said...

Wow! Only three months! My how the time flies. I bet you can't wait!

Deena said...

He's coming home already? Time sure flies. How is Heidi?

Connie said...

It was so good to see you! This is a February you'll never forget!

Heidi said...

I was glad we could go out and spend some time together---I wish I had felt better and been able to do more with you:( THANK YOU again for being the most amazing mother and dearest friend ever!!! Glad you and daddy can finally be together;) I LOVE YOU TONS!!!!

Cherie said...

Well, my oh my, you have been very busy. Does this mean that all is well with Heidi now? I sure hope so. What a long time to be in the hospital. So glad you could be there with her and for her.
And it is super nice that you could do so many other wonderful things while in Utah!

Valerie said...

I'm glad Heidi is doing better! It was such a concern for a long time! It's so good that you could be there to help and support her. It looks like Brent enjoyed spending time with you as well! Yay for family bonds and helping each other out!