Wednesday, May 23, 2012

One More Week To Go

It seems like only yesterday we were here


So we are down to one more week until our Elder comes home.   For almost two years he has been Elder Rob, and in one week we will again call him Kyle.  Allan and I both feel very strongly about calling him "Elder".  We have been taught by many a Mission President that they have earned the title, and so we have followed the counsel when we e-mail, skype with him or even on those phone calls.  I know some don't agree, but I would never dream of calling an Elder in our mission, by his first name, so why would I not give my son the same respect.  Once his dad releases him and the name tag comes off, he will be Kyle.

I especially want those of you who are in Idaho to know how comforting it was for me to know you were all there if he ever served in your area.  Thanks.  I am so grateful for the people in the areas where he has served who have fed him and been there for him and his companions.  He has had great companions.  That is something I love about missions--watching the love between the missionaries.

At the MTC
First night in the Mission Field--this is the group he went out with!!!
























His MTC group

















He has had an amazing experience.  There has been such growth.  It has been such a treat to get his weekly e-mails.  As much as I will miss the e-mails, it will be FABULOUS to have him here.

Sidenote:    Heidi had surgery yesterday and is doing well.  Can't wait to see her in a little over a week ; )










10 comments:

Nancy Face said...

I'm so excited for you! Isn't it just so wonderful to get that first hug when they come off the plane? :)

I'm very glad Heidi's surgery went well. I hope her healing progresses smoothly and quickly.

ShEiLa said...

Amazing news!!!

It went by so fast... especially for me. Not so much for a Mother.

Glad to hear that Heidi is ok... that poor girl has been tested with all of these surgeries.

ToOdLeS.

Natalie said...

How exciting to have your little Elder come home. It will be great to see him and give him his first hug. It will be bittersweet for him though. There is an adjustment period for sure.

Glad Heidi is doing well. Let me know if she needs anything.

Melissa said...

Woohoo!!! That is so exciting!!

Glad to hear that Heidi's surgery went well and that you'll get to see her soon too :)

Garden of Egan said...

Wow! That is so exciting! I can't believe it's flown by,

Idaho is sending him off in typical Idaho style......freezing.

Sheri said...

WOW! That time went fast!! My nephew arrived home last night! What a great opportunity for them to experience - it will be a building block for the rest of his life!!
Good to hear Heidi is doing well!

Heffalump said...

Yay for time flying!

Connie said...

So excited for you. I'm glad Heidi is doing OK! Wow! She has been through a lot!

kierste said...

Can it really be only one more week? WOW!! That went fast for me, lol. I'm SO excited for you!!!

Betty said...

I am still incredibly disappointed he didn't make it to our town!
By now you've got him in your car with you and you're having a FABULOUS time!
Good luck to Heidi! I hope this surgery is easier and she recovers quickly!