Sunday, August 26, 2012

Happy Birthday, Brent

Today is Brent's 27th birthday.  Goodness, how is that possible???  When I did his first birthday post on the blog he was having his 23rd birthday.

He is a wonderful young man.  He is such a happy guy.  He is always so incredibly positive.  He loves movies--he is definitely the one I check with to see what his dad and I should go see.  He is a hard worker.  I am so excited that he will graduate from BYU next April.  He has worked hard. Some day there will be a lucky young woman in his life.

So how about for his 27th birthday I post 27 pictures:

Heidi was so excited when he was born:



At three months.  Heidi loves the little bit of drool on his chin ; )



This was a month before his first birthday.

Eating his first birthday cake:





One of my favorite shots of him:




With me at Christmas 1987.



With his brother, Stephen--one of my favorite pictures:

Another favorite, with his dad at the park:


Christmas with Heidi:



Preschool picture.  Isn't he a cutie???


Helping his dad right after Hurricane Hugo.



Another one of my favorites--with his brother Neal at Niagara Falls.


I remember when he had a surprise party in Missouri.  It was so fun.


With Heidi and Kyle before they head off for their trip to Disneyland.



Fun times at Christmas:



So excited the day his mission call came:


This picture still makes me smile:  "See you in two":

His birthday in the mission field.   So glad he had a cake!!!!


Graduation from LDS Business College.

With his nephew, Drew, in Hawaii:

This one always makes me smile.  Look at those cute kids and their daddy.  I'm so happy the kids are all back together again.  They'll have the best time!!!


I so love this picture that Macy took.  


He was so supportive to Kyle while Kyle was on his mission.  




Had so much fun when we ran our first half-marathon together.  He is such a great runner--I really wish he was running my full marathon with me!!!!

Love this boy!!!





A mother couldn't be any more blessed than I have been to have the privilege of raising this young man.  He has taught me so much and is such a blessing to our family.

LOVE YOU, BUD!!!


SIDENOTE:   I ran 22 miles yesterday and IT WAS UGLY.  The first 20.8 miles were fine and then I had a really hard time.  I know part of the problem was my posture--I really have to work on it.  

6 comments:

Heffalump said...

Happy Birthday to Brent!
Keep up the running! I don't think I could go two miles, let alone 22!

Nancy Face said...

Brent is so nice! I hope it's a great birthday for him!

Any running over a few miles gets ugly for me! Ha!

Natalie A said...

Happy Birthday to Brent.

Yes, he is definitely a cutie!!!!!!!!!!

You are awesome to be running. Way to go.

ShEiLa said...

These kids grow up all too fast... you have a nice photo journal of his life.

Happy Birthday Brent!!!

ToOdLeS.

Betty said...

Happy Birthday, Brent! He really is handsome!! It was fun looking at his pictures over the years!

When is the marathon? I know it's in Sept. I'm rooting for ya! Hang in there!

Carrot Jello said...

Cute pictures :)
Good job on running so far :)