Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Where Did the Summer Go?

It is August 22nd and I sit here in my empty house wondering why the summer had to pass by so quickly.  Kyle left Monday and arrived safely in Orem last night.  It was so fun to have him here for the summer.  We played a little rock band, watched movies and just had fun hanging out.


He was such a sport to help me with a couple of shots for 365.



 It was hard to watch him drive away.


I have had a fun summer doing other things as well.  I joined the 365 project back in April and have had a lot of fun taking a picture (or more) every day.  I have spent a lot of time at Assiniboine Park taking pictures of the flowers and the butterflies and birds.  Here are some of my favorites:



































































I also flew to Texas to take care of G-Man and his little sister L while his mom and dad went to the Olympics.  And while on an early flight from Montreal (where Allan and I had gone to enjoy a dinner cruise (a business thing) to Texas, I captured this amazing view out my window on the plane.

I had a blast taking care of these little ones.  They are so cute.  I don't get to spend much time with them throughout the year so it was a real joy to get to know them better.  One of my favorite things was listening to G-Man as he would use his imagination while playing with his Legos and have adventures with them.  I learned a lot about Octonauts, Doc McStuffin, and I know a lot more superheroes than I ever did before!!!  I had a ball doing Motorboat in the pool with little L.

Here are a few shots from the visit





































































































I was very fortunate to have Macy take me out one morning to the Wildflower Gardens and give me some photography pointers.  G-Man acted as my model (he's obviously had lots of practice). I was very happy with some of the shots.






















When Macy got home we drove to Waco and met up for dinner with Chris and Heather.  So great to see them--it felt like it had been ages!!!!
















It was a wonderful trip.

I am near the end of my marathon training--only 3 1/2 weeks to go until the marathon.  My blisters and toes are doing a whole lot better.  I have a 22 miler to run this Saturday--sure hope they hold up.

SIDENOTE #1:  Heidi had her last surgery near the end of July and everything is working!!!  YIPPEE!!!  She is back to teaching (just started a couple of days ago).

SIDENOTE #2:  Hope to update the blog a little more regularly.

9 comments:

Doran & Jody said...

Sounds like good things come to those that endure through much trial!!

Your pictures are great!
What kind of camera are you using?

I really need to get me a nice one before daddy gets laid off. :)

Heffalump said...

I've missed your posts! Your pics look great, and I know you will conquer in the marathon.

Betty said...

I've missed your blogging, but sometimes life just takes over. I guess that's as it should be, eh?

I'm glad you had a good summer with Elder Rob... I mean Kyle. It's kind of hard to get used to calling him that again!

I LOVE THE PICTURES!! The first butterfly is simply amazing! I think you should enter it into some kind of show or something. It's amazing and fabulous! Great job!

Garden of Egan said...

It sounds as though your summer has been perfect!
Travel....wow! You have been busy.

Such awesome pictures. The one with the bee about to land....amazing.

Good luck with the marathon!

Lana said...

Missed you! Glad you are back.

Abaker said...

Love all these pictures! Love the ones of my siblings, but also love the ones of Kyle.

Nancy Face said...

Your pictures are really beautiful! Wow!

I am so, SOOO happy for Heidi!

ShEiLa said...

I love your photos... esp. that butterfly one.

ToOdLeS.

Neal said...

I'm obviously biased on this post ; ) LOVE the pictures...all of them. I'm still amazed at the pic of G and L at the Wildflower Center. Great job.