Thursday, September 27, 2012

MISSING MY GARMIN



A couple of months ago I noticed that when I was on a long, and I mean LONG, run my Garmin would flash "low battery".  Now, keep in mind if I could run faster this would not be a problem.  But every time I added a couple of miles the problem became more of an issue.

I finally decided I needed to send it in for repair because it should hold the charge longer than 4 1/2 hours, and I didn't want to near the end of my marathon and not be able to track my pace so I sent it in for repairs.  And oh how I have missed it.  Before I had my Garmin I would use Google maps to map out my route and I love it, so I started using it again.  But let's fact it, I'M LAZY.  It's much easier to just run and let my Garmin tell me how far I have gone ; )

My biggest fear was that I wouldn't get it back in time for the marathon, but I got a note from Canada Post that it should be here tomorrow.  When I came back from my run this morning, IT ARRIVED!!!   I will be so happy to have it on my wrist again.

I only have 7 more runs and then it will be MARATHON DAY!!!!  Excited:  Yes.  Prepared:  Yes  Scared:  ABSOLUTELY.





7 comments:

Natalie A said...

Glad you got your garmin. I just can't get over how awesome you are. Can't wait to see pictures of you at the race.
You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garden of Egan said...

Good for the garmin. I have a fitbit and love it.
I certainly haven't put it to use like you've done your garmin.

Good luck.
You will do awesome!

Heffalump said...

Yay for tools that make life easier!

Neal said...

That looks cool! Nice use of tech! ; )

Betty said...

I am so out of the loop. I have never seen a Garmin like that before. Mine goes on the windshield of my car and yells at me (it seems) when I don't make a turn that she wants me to make.

It looks like a clever little device. I'm thinking a lovely Christmas present for my hubby that is a runner!

I still think you ROCK!! Good luck! I'll be thinking about you ALL DAY on race day!

Sheri said...

I am so excited for you! Amazed by you too!!

Nancy Face said...

So glad it got back to you, all ready to go!