Saturday, October 27, 2012

Grandchildren--Pride and Joy #8, Hannah

I really need to get these done before the end of the year--although my big problem is when I start working on them I find myself spending a lot of time looking at old pictures and reminiscing.  Oh time passes much too quickly.  And getting ready for Christmas, going to see my friend, C, in Ottawa, will not give me much time, to do another 4 posts.  So maybe I'll end in January ; )

But let's move on to Miss Hannah.  Oh how I love this beautiful little girl



...I should say young woman.



This was taken at the hospital with her three older siblings:


August 2000, Allan and I had been in California to attend the wedding of one of my nephews.  I had great hopes that Miss Hannah would be born before we flew back to Utah to pick up the kids and start our drive to Winnipeg.  I wanted to see her and hold her.   But we flew out of Oakland early Sunday morning--and Daphne went into labor shortly after we landed and got on the road.  There was no flying back for me, just a miserable me once I knew I had missed her birth. Poor Allan had to listen to me for several hours.  AND IT WAS HIS BIRTHDAY!!!!

We were so happy to go back to Cali and be there on her blessing day:



I just love this picture of her--the ice cream is almost bigger than she is ; )  It's funny because she is really not much of a sweet eater.

It was great to have a little one in the family again--it had been 6 years since B was born and we were all ready for a little one again.



She shares a birthday with her grandpa and I think they both love it.  This picture of the two of them was taken at his 60th birthday celebration--wow, that was almost 10 years ago!!! 



I have to say she gives the best hugs.  Each of the kids in that family have always done something that I love--while they hug you they pat you on the back.  I LOVE IT.

She loves her daddy.


With their cat, Sammy.


A favorite shot from Dance.




I love this picture of her and her older sister, Ki, taken one Christmas at the Oakland Temple.

With her brother, B, at her birthday celebration.





She is incredibly athletic.  


She has had a great time doing cheer with her big sister.



With her Uncle Kyle--yes, that's right ; )



On her brother, Jason's high school graduation day.



She was so excited to be baptized

With her very proud Grandma and Grandpa





She is a great big sister--Here she is with little brother, Drew

So excited to hold little sister, Gerogia



A couple of weeks ago she was very excited to go see the Bieber with her Mom and older sister.  In fact, her songs on my playlist for my marathon were Never Say Never and Somebody to Love.




I just love spending time with her and so want to bring her up to Winnipeg to have some grandma time with me.  

She recently graduated from Primary and I can hardly believe it.  She is growing up WAY TOO FAST!!!

Sure do love you, Miss Hannah.

Sidenote:  Just a couple of fun pics from the last few days.

#1:  On Sunday we had our semi-annual after Stake Conference dinner.  One of our guests gave me this to say Congratulations on doing the Marathon.  So made me smile.  And, no, I haven't eaten all the candy bars YET.



#2:  Last night Allan and I went out to our favorite restaurant to celebrate our 30th.  I needed a shot for my 365 and decided to do this one titled "Still Excited for Date Night".





3 comments:

Heffalump said...

You look lovely in that pic!
Your grandchildren are blessed to have a Grandma that loves them so much. I always enjoy these posts.

Heidi said...

I love that pic mom--so cute and you do look beautiful;)

Nancy Face said...

She is so, so cute!

And look at you - what a babe!

Wanna hear about my dreamy 30th Anniversary with Hubby Man? We will be spending that weekend in San Antonio with Zach, Lauren, Zoey, and Ted at his Air Force Training Graduation! Very wonderful and important...but SOOO not romantic and mushy and stuff. And I will be a wreck because I will be boarding an airplane. EEEK!