Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Grandchildren--Pride & Joy #7, Brandon

It has been MONTHS since I have done one of these posts, so it's time to get back to them.

The next two grandchildren will be from the same family--Stephen and Daphne are the parents of grandchild #6, 7, and 8, and 9, as well as #4 and #11.  When he was born they were living in Missouri and I don't have a single picture of him when he was first born ; (  But I do have this one of when he was blessed.  It was fun to go to Missouri when he was blessed.



And this is one of my favorite pictures of this little guy with his daddy.

Now all of my grandchildren are sweet, but this little guy has the sweetest personality, he is so very tender.  And wow does he have great sense of humor.  One of my favorite memories of him is the two of us going for a walk together and just talking and talking.    

As I have mentioned before, his family is very athletic, but I think his dad wasn't sure that would ever be the case.  One day, Stephen called me when B was in First Grade to say he had gone to B's school to take him lunch.  He finally found him outside and while the other kids were playing on the playground, B was over in the field picking flowers ; )  Too funny.   And he has always followed sports on TV and even when he was young he seemed to know who all the teams were--simply by the uniforms.  He also paid very close attention to the scores, batting averages, etc.  He has won our family March Madness pool more often than anyone else in the family. 

He played soccer, baseball, football and  he snowboards and water skis.  



For years B was very short, in fact, I think there was great concern that he was not growing.  I don't know what happened but talk about a growth spurt!!!!  And here are a  few pictures--you will probably see how much he has grown.  

His first Halloween--he's the little Elmo.





Here he is on his first birthday:




Enjoying a little snack



At our family reunion in 1997:


Christmas with Ki and J.



Cuddling with his grandma when she was visiting for her 50th birthday--I guess he knew I was OLD and needed a cuddle.



His baptism 2002


Being silly with his Uncle Neal


Doing homework with his dad 2005:





October 2005

When his family was sealed in 2006

                                      

Baseball 2007


With some of his family in 2007





Our family trip in 2008 to Hawaii.


With his cousins Chris, brother, Jason, and Uncles Kyle and Brent at Grandma's funeral




Thanksgiving, 2009.



Christmas 2009

                          

A proud big brother, July 2010





AND SOME LAUGHS WITH HIS HAIR--


And just for a laugh or two:







This is not a pic of him with crazy hair, but I will always remember when he sang this little song about doing the beaver crawl with his dad.  So very cute and still makes me smile.




Here he is at his high school graduation this past June.



Had such a great time with him when we were at our mini-reunion during the summer:


He started Community College this past fall.  He also completed his Eagle Project and will soon receive his Eagle.  We are so proud of him and the great young man he has become.  


Sure love you, B.

SIDENOTE:  I got this fortune in my fortune cookie the other night and I think I will carry it with me next Saturday when I run my marathon:  






6 comments:

Garden of Egan said...

He is a handsome young man.
The years fly by quickly.

I'll be thinking of you on Saturday.
Good luck.

Natalie A said...

He was such a darling baby and now he's a handsome young man. Wow, but the years fly by. I wish they could slow down just a little.

We are enjoying Canada, but kinda overwhelming to get all the office stuff down.

Sending hugs,
Natalie

Neal said...

Totally forgot B's "beaver" song ; )

ShEiLa said...

I love these posts and I bet your family cherishes all of the photos. Having fun photos... candid photos are the best and bring back memories and giggles and laughter. Thanks for sharing Miss Yvonne.

ToOdLeS.

Nancy Face said...

So many fun pictures of him! :)

chittu said...

Baby Enjoying a little snack pic was very nice.
now we can book the bus tickets through
Online Ticket Booking for Bus
Online Ticket Booking for Bus