Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween Week and Some Randomness

It was a very quiet week at our house.  I did have fun decorating for Halloween.  I have to admit some of the decorations are looking a little old and may have to be replaced.


Finally got proof that I am not the one who eats all the candy ; )


Had fun decorating the pumpkins.


In spite of our nice weather, (seriously, no snow on the ground) we had less trick or treaters than in years past.  At least this year we were a little smarter and bought candy that I'm not so apt to eat--skittles, starburst and red licorice ; )

But now it's time to start thinking about decorating for Christmas--the big question is do I start before I leave for Ottawa or do I wait until I come home???  I keep worrying because I come home right before Thanksgiving, but then I have to remember Thanksgiving is early this year.  I so wish I could have found a cheap ticket to go to California for Thanksgiving to be with the gang that is going to gather there ; (

I did enjoy watching the Giants win the World Series--well, I didn't see the last game, but I sure enjoyed the others.  Like I said three years ago when they won last time, the only thing that would have made it better would have been if my dad was watching it with me ; )




I continue to enjoy my 365 project.  It's been fun and I've captured some fun shots.  It is hard to come up with a shot every day, but as of today I am 62% complete.




Awhile ago, I went to the zoo, and I loved seeing this red panda--isn't he cute.


And in contrast, isn't this little Capybara about the ugliest thing--reminds me of the animals in the fire swamp in The Princess Bride!!!



I so wanted to a THANKFUL POST to remind me to stay grateful, but EVERY DAY just seemed a little too much right now.

So whenever I do a post between now and the end of November,  I'll add things I'm thankful for, based on the date.  Since this is November 3rd, I'll list three things that I am grateful for:

1)  We get to turn the clock back:  Yes, I look forward to that extra hour sleep, but I am really looking forward to it being lighter earlier in the morning.  Oh, I understand it will be darker earlier, too, but it has been so hard for me to get out of bed.

2)  Lovely weather:  Yeah, it is a little cold, but I haven't had to worry about driving in the snow, YET.  Had a little dusting this morning, but nothing that should cause any worries.

3)  Telephones:  For whatever reason, I have really been missing my family lately. I am so grateful for the phone so I can hear their voices.  We really should skype more often.

SIDENOTE:  My heart goes out to those who are struggling with the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.




7 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Miss Yvonne,

What a cute decoration... the pumpkin tree with ghosts... love it!

I also think your jack'o'lanterns are fantastic.

I did not have 1 trick-or-treater... not one.

I love your photos... project 365. You really get some fantastic shots.

I am thankful for you!!!

ToOdLeS.

Heidi said...

Awesome pics mom!!! I wish I could have been there to help you with the pumpkins--love ya lots!

Natalie said...

I think your decorations are so cute.

Jack-o-lanterns are great.

We also had no trick or treaters, but we are on the sixth floor.

I love your thankful posts. Your Hannah is beautiful just like her grandma.

Hugs.

Heffalump said...

It looks like you have been having some fun! What a spooky, candy stealing ghost!

Nancy Face said...

I love those hideous Capybara things, and I ALWAYS think they look like the R.O.U.S. things in Princess Bride! (Rodents Of Unusual Size)

Betty said...

WOW!!!
FABULOUS photography! I'm very intrigued with the ghost shot. Do you Photoshop? You're so good!!

Garden of Egan said...

Great photos!
I would like to spend some time getting more familiar with my camera.

You sound busy!

Tell Rob Idaho says hi.....