Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

I was going to add to my Thankful list, but i saw this on a friend's facebook wall and I loved it.  As I write my list, please know that none of them are in order of importance.

Write 10 physical abilities you are grateful for:
  1. Ability to run
  2. That even though I'm old, my body works pretty good
  3. Sight--this world is amazing and I'm so glad I can see everything
  4. Hearing--as I get older I notice my hearing is not as good as it used to be, but I am so grateful I can hear
  5. Smell--no, not that I'm grateful that I smell, but yes, I'm grateful for the sense of smell
  6. Feel--Not only the touching part of feeling, but also the things I can feel in my heart
  7. Speak--I would not be very good if I had to write everything down
  8. Service--I am grateful that I can get out there and serve others
  9. Hair--I have always said I hate doing my hair, but at the same time I know I wouldn't look very good without hair
  10. Sleep--I don't always sleep well, but I sure love it when I do
Write 10 material possessions you are grateful for:
  1. My computer
  2. My Tivo
  3. My cell phone
  4. My camera
  5. My home
  6. My car
  7. My TV
  8. Photos--I would hate to try and tell you how many photos I have, but I treasure them.
  9. DVD's
  10. My glasses--I said I'm grateful that I can see, but I'm sure glad that I have glasses so I can see more clearly
Write 10 living people you are grateful for:
  1. Allan
  2. Each of my children
  3. Allan's children
  4. My children in-law
  5. My sisters, their spouses and their children
  6. My grandchildren and their spouses
  7. Janice L. who was brave enough to share the Gospel with me many years ago
  8. I can't specifically name friends, but I am truly grateful for my friends
  9. President Monson and all the "watchmen on the tower"
  10. All the missionaries who are so willing to sacrifice and serve
Write 10 deceased people you are grateful for:
  1. Jesus Christ--although really I don't think I can put him here as someone who is deceased, but I am grateful He "died" for me
  2. My Dad
  3. My Mom
  4. Helen and Les--the people who took my sisters and me in when our parents died
  5. My mother-in-law and father-in-law--not only because they raised a fabulous son but they were always so good to me
  6. Joseph Smith
  7. My Uncle Stan--when I was a little girl he was my favorite uncle.  We shared our birthday and every year he would send me a dollar
  8. My grandparents--I may not have known them, but I am grateful for the children they raised
  9. Allan's grandparents--I have heard all the stories 
  10. President Spencer W. Kimball--he will always be my Prophet
Write 10 things about nature you are grateful for:
  1. Sunrises and sunsets
  2. Flowers--there are so many different varieties that are beautiful and smell beautiful
  3. Butterflies
  4. Oceans--I have a great respect for the ocean.  I love sitting and watching the waves.
  5. Seasons--I love that I live in a place where we are able to enjoy the four seasons
  6. Fall colors--now you may say that is "seasons" but I don't care!!!!
  7. Waterfalls--always so beautiful
  8. Fresh snowfall (as long as I don't have to drive in it)
  9. Mountains--I love the mountains and wow do I miss them living here in Winnipeg
  10. Sunshine--no I don't like it when it is really hot, but I love blue skies and sunshine
Write 10 places on Earth you are grateful for:
  1. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a specific place, but I am so grateful for temples
  2. I love Hawaii
  3. France--I still have such wonderful memories of a trip there with Allan in 1983
  4. Anywhere I can gather with my kids and grandkids
  5. Disneyland/Disneyworld--so great to go with little children and see the look of wonderment on their faces
  6. The beach--I love what the sand can do to the dry and rough skin on the bottom of my feet
  7. Restaurants--I love eating out
  8. Movie Theaters--I enjoy going to the movies, for me it is an escape
  9. Winnipeg--because I am so grateful for my home
  10. Banff--Oh such a beautiful place.
Write 10 modern inventions you are grateful for:
  1. My Tivo
  2. Airplanes--it is so wonderful to not have to drive everywhere ; )
  3. The internet.  I sure wish they had it when I went to high school ; )
  4. GPS--even though she seems to say "recalculating" far too often
  5. Microwaves
  6. Cell phones--makes those drives when I'm by myself much easier
  7. Skyping/iChatting
  8. Advancements in medicine--I just returned from visiting my friend C in Ottawa.  As I watch her deal with cancer, I am so grateful for all the research and advancements that have taken place through the years
  9. Digital cameras--so glad I don't have to use film any more
  10. My iPod--I enjoy music
Write 10 foods you are grateful for:
  1. Chocolate--I guess I shouldn't repeat it for all ten ; )
  2. Prime rib
  3. My mother-in-law's orange rolls
  4. Nutella
  5. Dehydrated mangoes
  6. Mint chocolate chip Ice Cream
  7. Dairy Queen Pecan Mudslide
  8. Chocolate covered cherries
  9. Red vines
  10. Steak and baked potato--yeah, to me they go together
Write 10 things about the Gospel you are grateful for:
  1. The Atonement
  2. Book of Mormon--I love reading and studying it
  3. Eternal Marriage
  4. Repentance
  5. The knowledge that families can be together forever
  6. The Priesthood 
  7. Temples
  8. Hymns--They really touch my heart
  9. Temple work for our ancestors
  10. Prayer
And, if you are reading this, I'm pretty sure I'm grateful for you ; )

We have had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I didn't have to cook and was able to enjoy a delicious dinner with friends.

Hard to believe it will be Christmas in a little over a month.  I am so looking forward to having Brent and Kyle home.



8 comments:

Nancy Face said...

So many wonderful blessings to be thankful for!

I'm grateful for you! ♥

Neal said...

Wow...I like that. Great idea to write all of that down!

ShEiLa said...

I love your list... thoughtful and organized.

I chuckled about the fresh snowfall... as long as you don't have to drive in it. I feel the same way girlfriend!

ToOdLes.

Lana said...

Nice list. Happy thanksgiving:)

Natalie A said...

As usual, I love your list and I am grateful for you.

Garden of Egan said...

That was fun to read.
I have to agree.

Betty said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I was thinking about you today! I hope you're well!

Sheri said...

That is a great list! I am thankful for you!