Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 ALREADY???

Happy 2013.

I cant believe I have let so much time go since my last post.  No excuses, just having too much fun with other things.  I'm going to try and do a better job of reading and blogging this next year.  We'll see how it goes.

The month of December just seemed to fly by.  As I've mentioned before, back in March I started a photo project and have been taking and posting at least one picture a day.  I knew December was busy and decided to purchase a little elf to be my "model".  I named her Ella and each of my pictures during the month included her.  I had so much fun trying to create fun things.  Here are a few of my favorites:

She was so helpful--she event decorated the little Christmas tree

She wanted a better view of the Nativities


I made her ice skates so she could go out and try ice skating


She was so surprised when she saw aliens out in front

She tried sledding, but had a rough go of it


She was so upset while looking at what she thought was a Mayan calendar--I was able to calm her down.  I explained that is an AZTEC calendar


Just like in A Christmas Story she got her tongue stuck on the frozen barbeque


Roasting marshmallows with a couple of buddies--did have a little accident and burnt her toe ; (


Made her skiis and she gave it a go.  Not terribly successful

 Had to do a little acupuncture after the skiing accident


She just LOVED seeing the little Nativity.


One day she spotted deer in back of the house so I took her some where she could get up close and personal


She tried her hand at fortune telling or looking into the future.  Loved what she saw

She loved ice fishing

Brent took her on the toboggan run--she couldn't look


I made her snowshoes so she could give that a try.  She was a little unsteady on her feet.



 Wanted to be cool so she grabbed Kyle's guitar ornament and was rocking out


Had a little sparkling cider and wished everyone a Happy New Year


The amazing thing was all I learned.  Who would have thought that having a little prop would allow me to understand so many things about shooting.  It was great.


14 comments:

gigi said...

Very cute! Happy new year to you!

ShEiLa said...

This is an adorable post... I loved it.

Great photos too!

ToOdLeS.

Sharon said...

Love it! You are so creative!

Natalie A said...

Such a clever little elf.

Wishing you a wonderful New Year.

Hugs.

Neal said...

Those are great - so creative!!!

Heffalump said...

Deaglan really enjoyed looking at these with me,

Sheri said...

Very creative!! Happy New YEar!

Nancy Face said...

My favorite was the acupuncture! Ha!

CB said...

YOu ARE HilaRiOus!! Some of these were sooo darn funny. I am not sure what you used for a tongue but The Christmas story pole re-creation had me laughing out loud!

Happy New Year!!

sweetpea said...

So glad to "see" you!!! What a fun post--you almost convinced me to get an elf next year.

*almost*

:)

Betty said...

What a great post! I'm sitting here smiling, amazed at your great, creative ideas! so, so clever and I can tell you had a blast putting them all together! I don't even have a "favorite". They were all DARLING!!

Here's to a GREAT 2013!!! More picture taking, more blogging and keeping in touch!

Garden of Egan said...

OK, that was DARLING!!!!

The little elf really was busy. Hope the toe has recovered.

Yes, life is busy and blink, the decorations are put away. I'm a little sad about that.

Suzanne said...

Haha! Yvonne, this was hilarious! I especially liked how she was scared of the aliens. ;)

Connie said...

Yes! This morning has started out great since reading your fun post! Very creative, Yvonne!