Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Word for 2013

Each year I have a one word resolution. Last year my word was “relinquish”. I am a big (ha, ha) of a control freak. I want to fix people’s problems because I ALWAYS KNOW WHAT’S BEST

Seriously, I know I don’t , but I want to help, and throughout the year I tried (not always successfully to let go and let them fix their own. This year my word is LOVE. Simple enough. One of my sons shared something he learned: “love means working towards someone else’s success”. If we really love others, we went them all to be successful and do well. That means letting go of envy, jealousy, gossiping, pettiness, judging, etc. It simply means uplifting, encouraging, being happy for others, etc. Shhhh--don’t tell anyone, but that isn’t always easy for me.

I do like writing down my word because it helps me feel a little more accountable.  You see right now as I write this, I am very discouraged, but I'm trying to let go of some negative thoughts and seek for a better attitude.  Wish me luck!!!

SIDENOTE #1:  I was going to do a post about howI am determined to get back to blogging.  I'm not sure how to do it.  But here is my plan, I will try to post every two weeks.  We'll see how that goes.

SIDENOTE #2:  Do you realize that I am almost done with my 365 project.  I started on March 20th, so I have close to 6 weeks left.  It has been great fun, and I have learned a lot.

Here are just a few shots I have posted in the last couple of weeks.









I still have a lot to learn but I'm sure having a GREAT time.








7 comments:

ShEiLa said...

Crisp & clear photos... Love them Yvonne!

Good luck with your plans with your resolution... and blogging.

ToOdLeS.

Nancy Face said...

Your photos look wonderful!

Heffalump said...

I miss you blogging!
I love your word for the year ;o).
I'd love to see more of your 365 photos. Do you have them all online somewhere?

Betty said...

That is a PERFECT word! I love (!) everything about it and what it stands for!
That quote is amazing! I'm going to have to ponder it and see what changes I can make in my own life!

I love the pics you've posted from your 365 challenge! You're skills are phenomenal! I'd love to take some lessons! BEAUTIFUL!!

Connie said...

Love is a great word! Fabulous photos! Good luck with the blogging goal. I know what you're saying...But it is good to see you back.

Natalie A said...

I love your word LOVE. I once wrote a paper on Love. Good to see you back blogging.
Great photos.

Garden of Egan said...

Awesome photos.
I love that it has made you take more photos.