Sunday, July 7, 2013

Brent's Graduation

Before I write about our half-marathon, I better write about Brent's graduation from BYU.  I can't believe I let all this time go by without writing about it.  Sorry, Brent.

We had to fly out of San Francisco to Utah.  The sad thing was that our flight out of San Francisco was late because of a storm in Denver and then the flight out of Denver to Utah was really late.  As it turned out, we would have been better to have driven our rental car from Sacramento to Utah--we could have gotten into Utah in time for dinner rather than getting there early the next morning.  CRAZY!!!

On Tuesday morning we just kind of ran errands.  That night we met the kids at Zupas.  It was fun to see them.  They looked GREAT.  I SURE LOVE THEM.



The next day I met my friend Suzanne.  It was great to see her.  We had a lovely visit.  After a quick trip to Target, we headed to Costco to get things for the dinner to celebrate Brent's graduation.  We picked up Heidi (Daniel was busy taking finals).  Stopped at a little place and got some fun shots.


It was fun to have a celebration of Brent's upcoming graduation.  Got to meet some of his friends. He looked so happy, and not just because he had ice cream cake!!!



The next morning we went to the Provo Temple with Heidi, Brent, and Bev.


After haircuts for the boys, we headed to the Marriott Center with thousands of other people for the commencement.       It was so fun to be in there and see him accomplish this--wow, am I proud of this young man.
(As a sidenote, Brent even got his picture in the Salt Lake Tribune.  PRETTY COOL.)





And, of course, he got to ring the Victory Bell--wish I could have gotten a picture of that.  That night we went to see Oblivion--not a bad movie.  I sure wish I had my camera when we headed out of the movie theater--the moon was incredible.

The next morning we were up and off to BYU.  Have I told you how much I LOVE THAT CAMPUS.  It is so incredibly beautiful.  I think there is no where like it to go to school.  (I could spend a ton of money in the bookstore--and not just on the chocolate covered cinnamon bears ; )

We met the kids before Brent had to be in the Fine Arts Building for him to receive his diploma.
We had time to take a few pictures.  Heidi gave me Stephanie Nielson's book, "Heaven is Here" for Mother's Day.  I LOVED IT.


A shot of the BYU students (past and future).


And, of course, a shot with our graduate--we were pretty proud parents!!!


Brent's very own cheering section--we made quite a bit of noise!


Unfortunately, Allan and I had to hurry out to catch our plane, but we were there when he walked and got his diploma.



Congratulations, Brent, we are SO VERY PROUD OF YOU!!!

7 comments:

Nancy Face said...

CONGRATS! This is so, so great!

Betty said...

Such a wonderful occasion for your family! Congratulations, Brent!

Heffalump said...

Awesome! It will be fun to see what adventures Brent has ahead.

Neal said...

I still can't believe he's graduated...my little brother is so grown-up ; )

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That is so amazing!
Congratulations!
You should be a proud mama.

You have such a beautiful family.

Heidi said...

Yes--Brent is just awesome!!! I am so proud of him and he continues to work so hard for his dreams! It was so wonderful to celebrate him:)

Natalie A said...

Congratulations to Brent. What an accomplishment. Job well done! I'm glad you've had such a wonderful trip. You all look so great.