Friday, May 2, 2014

Happy January and February

If I don't do this 2 months at a time, we'll be here FOREVER!!!

There's really not too much to write about for January.  It was fairly quiet EXCEPT FOR MY BIRTHDAY.  The fun thing was when I saw this on my heart rate monitor:



For my birthday, Allan gave me a trip to California in hopes that I could see my newest grand grandson when he was born.  It was crazy because he was quite late.  Fortunately, Allan was able to change my flight so I would be able to be there for the birth of my little Jack Henry.


I worked really hard on his blanket, but I didn't finish it until after I got home, so I had to put it in the mail.


Before I left for California, I had finished this blanket for my little great grandson in Texas.  I have to admit, it is one of my all-time favorites.  I loved the pattern and was so thrilled with how it turned out.

I spent a lot of time crocheting.  While I was in California, I had some yarn with me and when Georgia saw it, she loved it, so I decided to crochet a little blanket for her.  She loves it--and it is such a fun pattern.



One of the fun things we did in February was go to the Lego movie.  I absolutely loved it, and one day for my 365 project, I decided to put together a fun little Lego shot.


Another shot I used for my project, was this one of a Gerbera daisy.  I really liked it. 


Sidenote #1:  This weekend is our tri-stake youth Conference.  I will be helping Allan with his presentation.  He always does such an awesome job!!!  I know the kids will love hearing him.  

Sidenote #2:  Can I just say I really have a problem with people who lie!!!



5 comments:

Heidi said...

The blankets look awesome! You are so talented mom! Glad you had a good birthday--wish I could have been there to celebrate with you. And AMEN to people who lie!!! I love you;)

Brent said...

I like the Lego shot.

Heffalump said...

You have legos? That makes you extra cool!
I still can't believe you are a great grandma! (Of course you are great, and a grandma...but a great-grandma?)

Lana said...

your blankets are beautiful!

Nancy Face said...

Your blankets are wonderful! How awesome of you to make so many for your sweet little ones!

The daisy picture is so pretty!

We loved the LEGO movie, too! It was hilarious!