Monday, October 5, 2015

Great General Conference

General Conference was wonderful.  I was uplifted and inspired.  I took notes and am looking forward to organizing them a little better.  It is my week to teach the lesson on Tuesday night, so I have been busy getting that together.  (I asked my kids to help me my giving me some questions for my jeopardy game--they did a GREAT job)

One of the things I have started doing with the talks is type up some sheets with each speaker and the phrase "Therefore what?"--inspired by Elder Packer.  I want to type up why that talk was important to me personally and what I need to take and apply to help me become what the Lord would want me to be.  I just have to remember that I don't have to "be" that next week--it is a process.

Hence my first scripture to "ponderize" is Isaiah 40:31-- "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

Sidenote:  One of the elderly sisters in our Ward (who joined the church 66 years ago) went to General Conference for the first time.  I can't wait to hear about her experiences!!!!


1 comment:

carolyne b said...

I know, it's that amazing that Bea went to conference! And that Margarita saw her, what's the chances of that? I love General Conference and will be watching it over the next week or 2. As I had a big head cold this past weekend and was out of commission. I like all the take-aways from conference and that we are expected or able to change overnight but is a process is wonderful.