Saturday, November 7, 2015


YES IT'S NOVEMBER:

I was going to try and post weekly, but I have been going full-speed ahead and didn't have any spare time.  I have a little time today, so I am going to do a little catch-up post.

Let me see what I missed:

We had our weekend at the temple Oct 16-17th.  I love going and serving.  I will certainly miss President and Sister Wood--this was our last weekend with them.  Their three years of service ended the end of October.  President Wood was Stake President when Allan was called here, so we knew them a little bit, but it certainly has been great to work with them there.  They are amazing people, and I love them both so much.


We left the temple and stopped in Brandon and had met up with the missionaries there.  It was great because a couple of them were brand new and it was GREAT to see them and know they were doing okay.

On Sunday we went to Church there.   I haven't been there for Church in such a long time, and it was fun to see people I hadn't seen for awhile.   And it was the Primary Sacrament Meeting--BONUS!!!! It was wonderful--they have a small primary, but the kids were amazing.  Their chorister has done such a fantastic job with the kids and they sang their little hearts out.

I even had a chance to meet with my students out there.  Some I have not met in person so that was fabulous.  I sure love these kids!!!!

Ponderizing scripture for that week:  “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God”  Philippians 4:6

The last week of October included me trying to avoid the bags of Halloween candy because I really didn't want to have to go and by more for the trick or treaters on Saturday.  Had a Halloween party on Friday night.  The missionaries did a great job of organizing it.  We also had a chilli cook-off and I made a pot of chilli just to take and I WON ; )  Ha, ha.  The missionaries said the award went to the person whose pot was emptied first.  Lesson:  take a smaller pot than anyone else!!!!

Ponderizing scripture for that week--I love the temple, so this one just felt right (maybe because I know we won't be serving in November):  “One thing have I desired of the Lord, that I will seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in his temple.”  Psalms 27:4

Allan and I traveled out to one of our outlying branches on Sunday.  Left for Church at 5:30 am, but hey, I had an extra hours sleep ; )  We got home at 5:00 pm.  Sure felt like a LONG day.  It was a great meeting.  I always love visiting with people in these branches.  One of my on-line students lives in the branch so I had a chance to visit with her.

I can't believe it is already November.  The week has flown by.  I'm feeling the pressure of completing my Christmas project.  I have been working on it since the beginning of last year.  As much as I have loved doing it, it will be fun to give them to the kids.  Funny because our newsletter for Christmas has the question, "What is the most memorable Christmas gift you have ever received (or given)?"  Hands down this will be the most memorable gift I have ever given ; )

Because I am leaving for Utah and California in a couple of weeks, I will be teaching two WebEx meetings over the next couple of weeks--that always means I'm busier.  Also, I have started decorating for Christmas.  I won't be back until the beginning of December and don't want to feel rushed getting the house decorated.  So if I come home knowing it is already done, I can relax and enjoy the holidays a little more.

Ponderizing scripture for this week.  Because it's November and Thanksgiving is approaching, I thought I would use one that spoke of gratitude--plus there is a lot of attributes in this verse I need to work on:  "And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive."   Alma 7:23

Had a great Saturday--even hit the mall.  That is something I haven't done in awhile.  It was so crowded.  It was a beautiful day--one of the first sunny days (beautiful blue skies) we've had in awhile, so I loved being out.  I found some great sales which made it even better--got 2 new snomen (for the price of 1; )

Off to a branch in our Stake tomorrow.  But hey, we don't have to leave until 6, so I get to sleep in a little.

Sidenote #1:  My Christmas project is nearing completion.  I'll have one ready when I leave for Utah, possibly 3.  Because of my teaching our weekly lessons  this week and next, I can't imagine getting any more done!    I had a great friend who gave me some wonderful advice last night as I was talking about my fear in giving these to the kids.  She said, just think in your mind "it's just a pair of socks" and then it doesn't matter HOW THEY REACT!!!!  Ha, ha, ha--when something consumes you for a year...

Sidenote #2:  I sure miss taking pictures!!!!  When we were driving out to the branch last week, we saw several bald eagles, and I DIDN'T HAVE MY CAMERA!!!!  We also so a fox.  (The camera is definitely going with us tomorrow.










No comments: