Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Welcome 2016

This is way overdue, but I'm doing it for journaling purposes!!!

It was hard to get up on Christmas morning and basically load up the car and head down to Utah.  Kyle did get to open a couple of gifts at home.  Funniest was the pajamas I got him--I thought they were just regular pajamas, but they turned out to be Calgary Flames PJ's.  Too funny!  I also got him a Winnipeg Jet's scarf which I think he loved!

It's been a crazy few weeks--just wish I hadn't been so tired when we got to Utah.   I don't think I posted this pic of Allan and Kyle as we were heading out of Bozeman Saturday morning.  I love this picture!!!

Of course, I should really post the picture of the DELICIOUS meal we had in our hotel in Bozeman.    We gave our leftover turkey to the Sister missionaries--my original plan was to make turkey sandwiches for the road--oh well!!!!  Then I decided for fun I would pack canned stew--we have "great" memories of a Christmas dinner that consisted of canned stew over rice--so I packed a red tablecloth and two cans of stew, but the car was so full I didn't think the bag made it.  (Then when we got to my sister-in-laws on Saturday I found the bag ; (

Anyway, after we got to the movie theater and discovered our movie was sold out and the line at the concession stand was SO LONG, we decided to try to find some place open to get something to eat.  NOTHING!!!!  So our last resort was a gas station.  Allan has an iron stomach so he got this "yummy" ham sandwich, and Kyle and I got Lunchables!  



Our Christmas gathering was lots of fun.  I know I wrote about my big project but I wanted to write about how fun it was to be with the kids.  Whenever we are in Utah and get to be with them IT IS GREAT.    Goodness, I have such wonderful children.  It was great to have SO MUCH time with them.



Of course, I would have thoroughly enjoyed it if we had set up sleeping bags in the family room at my sister-in-laws and had them sleep there--we could have watched movies (or they could have and I could have slept, played lots of games and just visited.

On December 30, 2015, we went to the Payson temple.  Wow is it ever gorgeous.  We had a little bit of difficulty getting in, but it all worked out fine.  Brent couldn't be with us because he had to work and Kyle had already gone to his car when we took the picture.  Great family time.

I particularly had a great time with the littlest ones.  Even had a chance to take them shopping.  (Not something I get to do very often).  While we were at the Build a Bear Workshop Allan came in and said there was someone he wanted me to see--very surprise to see the Spencer's.  It was so fun to see them.

We even got to celebrate Lauren's birthday at Nickel City in Orem. (For some reason I kept thinking about Chucky Cheese--which made me think of Allan and my first date ; )  Lauren was pretty excited about all of her gifts.  She is such a cutie!!!

We also went to Salt Lake to see the lights at Temple Square--more beautiful than I remember.   I didn't know this, but I read it, that the Cedar of Lebanon tree is only lit every other year!!!  There were lots of different nativities--at least different than I remember.  I also loved the luminaries (which I don't remember--maybe we just hadn't gone that direction for a few years ; )

One of the things we did that was very different was we went to a place called "Get Out Games".  When Kyle first told me about it, I was pretty excited--I love doing something a little different!    We had one hour to try and work together to get ourselves out of this room.  We didn't make it in the hour!!!

As always the trip went by too quickly.  But at least I know I'll see them in April.

I was talking to a friend the ohter day about how hard it is for me to be away from the kids.  I feel like relationships are somewhat strained--a little weird!   And even though I assumed we'd be back in the U.S. by now, maybe it's best that we're not.  I have to admit absence definitely doesn't seem to make the heart grow fonder!!!









No comments: