Thursday, June 28, 2007

ALASKAN CRUISE--2004

This give you a pretty good idea of the dome train we took on this trip to Copper River.












Allan and I on the deck. I just love glaciers and think they are one of the most incredible sights on earth.











Isn't it AMAZING. One of the best things about an Alaskan Cruise is being in Glacier Bay. To sit there and have the Captain turn off the engines and HEAR the glacial movement is breathtaking.









It was so fun to ride the ATV's. I was such a big chicken, everyone went so much faster than I did. I had a great time anyway. We road them to the Pipeline. It was apparently the first time since 9/11 that people had been allowed near the pipeline--I guess that's why there were helicopters buzzing overhead!





I know going bike riding was not at the top of Allan's list, but I really wanted to do something other than riding a bus to see something. He was so wonderful to humor me and "go along for the ride". I haven't been on a bike for so long, but it still was a lot of fun.








IT WAS SO SCARY--We were in having lunch and Allan had gone outside for a minute. When he didn't come back, we went looking for him and there was this bear...

No comments: