Monday, June 25, 2007

MEDITERRANEAN CRUISE--MAY 2001

The Mediterranean Cruise was such a great one. We saw so much. This was a trip when I wish I had the ability to recall facts--I learned so much, but do not remember the majority of it. Europe is so amazing--we go to the U.S. and see a building built in 1600 and are amazed--in Europe that is a fairly new building!!!


It was great fun to go to the London Bridge. We even went and saw the Crown Jewels. So much to see, so little time, and due to jet lag we were pretty tired.







I FINALLY MADE IT TO THE LOUVRE. What an amazing place. I loved every minute of being there. And I'm sure I had the same thought that everyone has when they see The Mona Lisa--the painting is so small. The fun thing is seeing all the people with their easels painting the masterpieces. I was very surprised.





We were so excited to be able to see the LEANING TOWER OF PISA. It was amazing all the wonderful things we saw during this trip. I wish I could have gotten a picture from inside the Sistine Chapel--my goodness, what an amazing place. I could post TONS of pictures.













It was so fun to be at the Coliseum--another one of the new Seven Wonders of the World. I kept thinking about the movie "Gladiator". Oh my goodness, so much history!!!

No comments: