Sunday, June 24, 2007

MEXICAN RIVIERA ON ROYAL CARIBBEAN--1999

After Grandpa got his diagnosis, everyone decided we needed to go on a cruise. Alaska was our first choice, but there was nothing available and didn't look like there was anything with Princess. So, we ended up on Royal Caribbean. We were on a ship that was taking it's last cruise and was ready to go and become scrapmetal (well, not really, but it was it's last voyage.
I don't know if any of us will ever forget the family that sat at a table near ours each night for dinner. I think they had flunked out any class on "How Normal People Eat"!!! It reminded me of "A Christmas Story" where the little guy is being "mommys little piggy"!!!


Allan and I flew in from Winnipeg the night before and stayed at a hotel. We met up with Grandma and Grandpa, Bev, Homer and Gerry at the airport and then the Royal Caribbean people took us to the ship.














Allan and I ready to board the ship. SHOCK!!! My eyes are actually open.












We always laugh every time they go through this exercise. It's always amazing that as many times as they tell you not to put your life vest on until you get to your muster station--there are always a bunch of people walking around wearing their life vests and tripping over the straps. THAT'S WHEN I NEED MY BADGE AND WHISTLE!!!

No comments: