Monday, July 23, 2007

TRIP TO UTAH - NOVEMBER 1984

This is the trip I don't think ANY OF US will ever forget. Not so much the going as the coming home. (Although I do remember the snow was crazy when we were driving out, but what's a little snow???) Those who were there--do you remember now??? We drove to Utah for the sealing and we were there for Thanksgiving. On Thanksgiving day, poor Heidi got the flu. So I stayed at the hotel room with her, while everyone else went to Aunt Gerry's for dinner. While we were there, Allan and I attended our first BYU Football game. When we drove home, people started to feel sick about the time we stopped in Reno. As we were going through the "bug" station, the traffic was horrific--backed up for miles and EVERYONE in the car was getting sick to their stomach. People were using pillow cases to get sick in. I felt very sorry for Grandpa Les--I'm not sure if he was sick or not. (More than likely by the end of the trip he was sick!!! It was awful. Allan ended up turning the car around and we all went back to Mom and Dad's.


Grandpa Les rode next to Heidi. I'm sure he took every opportunity to turn down his hearing aid when he needed to--I always thought that was how he could be with all the kids and it never seemed to bother him ; )











Doug H. happened to be in Utah while we were there, so he and Stephen went up to Snowbird and went skiing for the day. They had a great time.












Heidi was always eager to take the wheel and drive--even on this trip. We went to Temple Square to see the lights.











We stopped at Bridal Veil Falls and Nancy showed off her many talents. I bet she could probably still do that today!!! (I don't think I could have done it then!!!)












Here the three girls are just having a good time--something they always seemed to do.

No comments: