Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Wheeler Peak--July 1984--THE YEAR OF THE SKUNKS

Just bear with me--I know there are lots of pictures, but this was a trip full of so many things. When we moved out of our house on Sydney Way, we headed for Wheeler Peak. Les drove his motor home and Grandma and Grandpa rented a motor home as well. Since we had no home to go back to--at least, not until our Melissa Lane home was complete, we had no real deadline for getting home. (Oh, I guess we did--after all, Allan did have a job!!!) This was a great trip--even Les went with us which made it extra fun for me, and I think the girls enjoyed playing cards with him at night in his motor home.

Here are Heidi and her dad in our tent. The girls stayed with Les in his motorhome. Grandma, Grandpa, Gerry, Bev, and Linda stayed in their motorhome. What a fun memory--especially for those who were visited by the skunks!!!






This has got to be one of my favorite pictures of Heidi and Wendy. So sweet!!!









This is a picture of most of us as we got ready to head off on a hike. So fun to see Grandpa and Grandpa Les in the photo. The two guys that may not look familiar are Stephen and Allen W. who went with us on the trip.









I guess Heidi got thirsty while hiking so Nancy stopped so she could get a drink!!!










Here's Stephen with his prized possession. I think he, Stephen W. and Allen W. had a great time fishing.









After we left Wheeler, we went to Northstar. One day we drove up to Squaw Valley. We were going to ride the tram to the top. Here are Heidi and Allan as they waited for the tram. Of course, anyone who knows how much I love the Olympics would know how cool this was for me.




All of the kids went horseback riding when we got up to Northstar. They had a great time--I'm sure Heidi would have loved to get on a horse, but I'm not so sure she'd do it anymore.






Here are Grandma and Grandpa with their darling little Granddaughter--this was taken after we got back to their house.

No comments: