Monday, August 20, 2007

8 Random Things

I liked the idea of the Eight Random Things that Amanda did, so I thought I'd do that today:

1) I have a confession...last week when I did my 5 Things Meme, on my list of 5 things to do today I listed "exercise". That had been on my "list of things to do today" for weeks, but because I posted that I was going to do it, I DID IT! But, I haven't done it since. So, I thought maybe if I wrote it on my blog I would feel I better do it. So here goes, I'm going to exercise today and tomorrow and so on. I keep saying if I don't do it I will not have a thing to wear when I go on our cruise around China in the fall. Not only that I will be so out of shape that even the walk from my room to the dining room will be tough!!! Enough said.

2) The kids are leaving Utah this morning for Disneyland. Their drive down to Utah went smoothly and it sounds like they are having such a fun time together. I think this was a great idea--to allow them to just go off together. Maybe because they're gone, I'm really missing the other kids, too. Some I haven't seen for quite awhile.

3) The house is quiet without anyone at home but Allan and I are enjoying the time alone. I think he has a fairly busy week, but that's o.k. We had a wonderful weekend together--we even attended Church in the same building.

4) After the Seminary In-Service on Saturday, I feel like I'm ready to get back into the swing of preparing. I think it's going to be a great year. I know it's early for them (hey, it's early for me, too), and I admire them so much for their sacrifice of sleep. We have a good time learning together.

5) I can't believe Kyle is going into Grade 11. I still think of him as being in Grade 4--even when I'm sitting in the passenger seat and he's driving me around town.

6) This will be a crazy year of graduations for our family--We have Heidi graduating from BYU; granddaughter, Amanda, graduating from BU; son-in-law, Tony, graduating from UNR; granddaughter, Kiah, graduating from Placer High; and grandson, Josh, graduating from Floyd Central. Unfortunately, two will be on the same weekend, and we're not sure how we're going to make that work.

7) I must admit I love Winnipeg this time of year--the weather is wonderful. The hard part is I KNOW WHAT'S COMING. It won't be long and when Kyle and I head out the door for Seminary we'll freeze. Then there are those days when we can't get the door to the Church open because it seems like it's looked and I have to make my way through the snow to the other door that's really heavy. (Well, maybe we won't have any of those kinds of days this year ; )

8. I'm looking forward to a new season of 24.

Now I'm off to exercise!!!

5 comments:

txmommy said...

maybe I'll try writing "I exercised" on mine and see what happens!

Nancy Face said...

I have a love/hate attitude about exercise...I love it because diabetes and obesity are so prevalent in our family, and I hate it because...well, you know, haha! :)

My son owns the first five seasons of 24 on DVD, and my hubby has been watching them LIKE CRAZY! (six episodes Friday night, haha!) He just finished season 4, and can't wait to continue! I don't usually watch TV, but it's been fun joining him for some of it!

Melissa said...

What a great idea to write your goals down for everyone to see ;) A trip to China does sound like a lot of fun!

Lei said...

Fun list!

Liam's Mom - Gina said...

That is awesome you are a seminary teacher! I bet you are GREAT at it! My mom did it for 4 years and loved studying a few hours a day and being up with we grumpy teenagers at 6am, 5 days a week. Ugh, is it wrong that I don't miss early morning seminary?