Wednesday, August 15, 2007

THOUGHTS ABOUT LIFE

I was telling Allan how this blogging thing has been so therapeutic for me. I realize that the majority of my posts are pictures of pasts trips--I only have some 17 years to go!!! I really want to have it all organized and together--especially for my kids/grandkids. Once I get that done, I'll be able to do "normal" postings on a more regular basis.

It's times like this that I wish I had the gift to be able to put down my thoughts in a more clear and concise way. So many have a great ability to write-I'm not one of them. Isn't it interesting how everything in our life is relative? I think sometimes we make it all so much more difficult than it needs to be. I'm a worrier--unfortunately, I worry about everyone else's problems and want to try and fix them. When my kids struggle, I struggle. I try to sit back and let other people deal with their problems and recognize they are their's and not mine, but somehow I let them become mine. (I've always said that's why I'm grateful I don't have the Priesthood--I could never be a Bishop and deal with a Ward's problems)

Maybe it's that if I take on other's problems I don't have to deal with mine??? Then I stop and ask, "What problems do I have?" I've been so blessed. I really have nothing to complain about--a few relationship problems, but I've decided I cannot let them consume me, and I will do what I can. I am starting to see that worrying and stressing about it won't change the way it is. I also recognize that I have a very bad habit of thinking everyone does things the way I do--and am realizing they don't, and that's o.k. (And how many years has it taken me to figure it out!) I'm also super-sensitive and must get over that. I guess I need to bury my weapons of rebellion and go forward in faith.

Enough babbling, today I will have Heidi home from BYU for 1 1/2 days and I'M GOING TO MAKE THE MOST OF IT!!! Brent is here until Friday and then he, Heidi, and Kyle will head off to Utah and then on to Disneyland for a week. For nine days, it will just be my cute little hubby and me. Gosh, in two years we will be empty nesters!!! In our almost 25 years of marriage, it's never been just the two of us. That will seem strange.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Always nice to meet a new friend.

I understand your thoughts. I too often take the blame or responsibility upon myself for others problems. Like I have to solve the worlds problems. It is hard to let that go sometimes.

Melissa said...

So glad you visited my blog :)
You mean to tell me that there are OTHER WAYS of doing things? That can't be... I am sure that MY way is the ONLY way. And the right way ;)

Yvonne said...

I'm still new at this blogging thing, so I hope this is the way to let people know you appreciate their taking time to comment:

amanda: It's nice to know others understand. You're right, it is hard to let it go, but I am trying.

melissa: Wouldn't it be wonderful if that were true, but at the same time, life would be a little boring!!!

Lei said...

Thanks for the visit... I agree, blogging does a body good. :)

Have fun with your daughter while she is home. I miss BYU!

Liam's Mom - Gina said...

That is so great you'll have Heidi home for that long! I hope you all have fun... you and hubby too when they leave, yippy!

P.S. I got the new mac yesterday and it's awesome!